free website stats program Indicator lights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Indicator lights

I would've tried a push start myself. As long as you've got a willing pusher or a hill it's pretty easy.
Keep the bike running a while and you're alternator will charge the battery. Unless there's a problem with the charging system or the battery.

Push start would be good as long as the battery has 9+ volts in it or the system will not fire.

Wasn't paying close enough attention, but the connection was under the front license plate. The tow driver attached to frame and then touched the other cable to one of the battery terminals. The bike fired right up. Rode about 10 miles home and noticed engine light and battery indicator light was on.

Hope that I didn't do serious damage. Checked the fuses and everything looks okay. I guess I'll have to have the bike back at the dealership. I can't believe this...I have learned a big lesson here.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like the voltage regulator got nailed. Put a voltmeter across the battery, run it at 2,000 RPM and see if it's charging. If all the fuses are good and its not charging, regulator seems like the only thing it can be.

Back