free website stats program Indicator lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Indicator lights

I have a 2007 dyna super glide. Been riding it for a couple years and yesterday for the first time I left the ignition switch on for a couple hours. Came out tried to start the bike and got some loud clicks. Got a jump from AAA and rode home. Put it on the trickle charger for almost 24 hours and got a green light on the charger. Turned on the bike and it started fine but got a check engine indicator. Check the code and only one P0562. I know it could mean Battery Voltage Low Carb and/or Battery Voltage Low EFI. I cleared the code thinking that it might be okay now, but after riding a few short minutes I get the check engine light and battery light. Checking the diag code and the same one comes up. Tried to repeat this several times and still get the same code. The bike seems to be starting okay each time. Any ideas?

As Glider said never jump start your bike especially from a car with the engine running. You can get a spike and blow your charging system
kemo

Thanks for the info... I was never in that situation before. Depended on AAA to send a knowledgeable service guy. What should I have done just left the bike?

Would it be safe for me to ride the bike to my dealership? It's about 20 miles away from my home. I am certainly NO technician.

Thanks Glider... I noticed that I could let the bike idol for several minutes with no idicator lights coming on. They only came on when I actually rode the bike. Does that make any sense?

In the future, if this would ever happen again God forbid, what should I do if not jump the bike? How do you handle something like this? The tow guy that came out from AAA said he was a rider and this happens from time to time. He jumped me from a special connection on the tow truck. I didn't know this could damage my bike. I actually pay extra for this coverage on my AAA account.

It's the additional amps and voltage spike when they hook up to the bike that is the problem. Always a slow charge when needed and if you get stuck, try to get a charge on a slow charger or flatbed the bike home in lieu of jumping it.

Back