free website stats program in need of advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

in need of advice

Thank you guys for all the advice the sportster I am looking at is a 2008 883 it looks to be mainly stock it only has 356 miles it he is asking $4500

At that price, do you have to go through the formality of wearing a mask? (like a real robber might do!) *LOL* Honestly, sounds like a sweet deal. I'd have to say it is up to the committee... (You, your wallet, significant other and storage space) to have a meeting!

Absolutely. My first HD was a 1200SE and I loved it. The only downside is 2up riding, just not enough room.

Depends on what you mean by "around town." As others have pointed out, a Sporty is a great bike but has it's limitations. Storage, 2 up comfort, range. Seems like I hear about a lot of folks with Sporty's and Dyna's who then go out and add a Touring bike that they've always wanted, and subsequently their first ride sits in the garage most of the time. You're actually going the other way (Touring back to Sporty) so it might work out differently for you.
At that price, it's worth the risk IMHO!

If I could've kepy my 05 Sporty - definitely would've loved having a touring & "sports car" bike in my garage. Plan on getting another when my teens are through college - can only afford to keep one for now. At that price - you'd better seal the deal before your friend changes his mind. Make sure it's something you want too & fits within budget. Good luck - nice decision to ponder.

I am planning on getting an ultra classic, but wont give up my wide glide to do it. its nice to have a smaller bike to tool around town and for quick trips. its nice to have more than one anyway.

thank all of you for your Advice I know I dont need 2 bikes I love the Ultra but I just want a run around bike just to have fun on :small3d023:

One more thought. You will probably end up enjoying the Ultra more if you purchase sporty. I can tell you from experience. When to get my Electra Glide I gave up My Nomad and sport bike. I sure do miss having a bike that weighs half of my main ride to go riding with and just play.

At that price, do you have to go through the formality of wearing a mask? (like a real robber might do!) *LOL* Honestly, sounds like a sweet deal. I'd have to say it is up to the committee... (You, your wallet, significant other and storage space) to have a meeting!
I would say the price is "fair" but definitely not a "steal" yes it has very low miles, but keep in mind that low mileage bike have spent a lot of time sitting and that can be just as bad or worse that one that has been used.
Used 2008 HARLEY-DAVIDSON XL883 prices, values, specs and options at NADAguides

You will probably get a lot better gas mileage on the 883 that your big bike.

With a set of throw over bags and bag rails on a sportster a fair bit of stuff can be carried depending on the size of the bags

Brian

Back