free website stats program In defense of Dobeck | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

In defense of Dobeck

The GEN3 is a fuel pulse stretcher, and so adds fuel beyond what the ECU dictates, without interfering with the ECU operation. It will not touch the timing, which is optimized for maximum fuel economy and minimum smog contribution. EPA mandates such settings, however, the timing settings cause issues, such as serious pinging when accelerating from cruise, etc.

Dobeck products do at least as well as any product of it's kind, if not significantly better. They have some proprietary algorithms to enhance their fuel adding operations, detecting load, etc.

If you want to richen up the fuel, to overcome the factory lean condition, and it's heat & puniness issues, the GEN3 is all you need. If you want to maximize performance and squeeze out the most you can from your current configuration, an ECU tuner & dyno-tune is what you want.

If you change your configuration (intake, exhaust, etc.), with an ECU tuner, you will need to pay for a new dyno-tune. If you change configuration with a GEN3 installed, you can tweak your fuel mix yourself, for free.

If money is no object, or performance is THE object, get the ECU tuner & dyno-tune. If money is an object, and you want to get most of the way there, on performance, and retain the freedom to play with your configuration without paying for repetitive dyno tunes, get the Dobeck.

Your ride. You decide.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thanks for all the replies. I just got a "you're an idiot for not putting on a better tuner" vibe from the whole thing. Kind of ticked me off.

That is what makes this site much different than the others. No stupid questions and no piling on. Hey, I love my carburetor! Specially the one Bubbie sold me.....:D

I have one of Dobeck's EJK [I think it's a 3.5] . I called Dobeck right after I traded my 2012 RK for a 2014 SG . The guy that I talked to told me that it would not work on my 2014 and that they didn't have any thing for the new bikes yet. This was only about four weeks back , maybe I should give them another call ,I just don't see how gen 3 will work and a EJK 3.5 won't.

I have one of Dobeck's EJK [I think it's a 3.5] . I called Dobeck right after I traded my 2012 RK for a 2014 SG . The guy that I talked to told me that it would not work on my 2014 and that they didn't have any thing for the new bikes yet. This was only about four weeks back , maybe I should give them another call ,I just don't see how gen 3 will work and a EJK 3.5 won't.

The difference/problem may be that in 2014 Harley went to the canbus system of electronics. While I don't know or understand the system, I do know that all of the wiring and connectors are different than pre '14 bikes.
CAN bus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey I'm new to the board and was looking at the doebeck also. I have a 2014 sportster and was wondering has anyone ran one of these on the newer bikes. If so how did they run? I talked with the company and I can get one for 175 dollars which would be a great deal if I can get good results.
WAP.gif

That is what makes this site much different than the others. No stupid questions and no piling on. Hey, I love my carburetor! Specially the one Bubbie sold me.....:D

YES and NOW You Just reminded me to Cash that Check you sent.... Man, I've been gone riding ever since I packaged the carb up and sent it to you.

Been to Florance, Appache Junction, Phoenix, Wickenburg then Kingman/Laughlin a couple of times, over to Calif,,, santa anna winds drove me back to Az. then, Skull Valley, Cottonwood, Prescott, Jerome DOWN to Oak-creek canyon in Sedona and it caught on fire (NOT ME).... Home to change oil then off on another adventure...

Headed to Deming NM and up to Albuquerque, Taos (Gilman Tunnels) up into Co. then Ut. Moab, Montichello, Blanding... back to Az.: Springerville, Alpine, Morenci, Clifton, Safford then home.

So away and Not cashing the check has been fun...

I truly wanted you to Be Happy with the carb FIRST...:D

Bodeen Paid me More than I asked for on that carb..... Uncomfortable yet BUT a Meal out is in order...

Thanks Jeff...

Opsy,,,,,, I see this is under dobecks BUT what the Hey.....:newsmile091:

signed....BUBBIE

Hey I'm new to the board and was looking at the doebeck also. I have a 2014 sportster and was wondering has anyone ran one of these on the newer bikes. If so how did they run? I talked with the company and I can get one for 175 dollars which would be a great deal if I can get good results.
WAP.gif

You will not be disappointed, they have great tech support

I have the gen 3 on a 2013 heritage and I love it! I combined it with high intake air cleaner , screaming eagle mufflers with big city thunder baffles. I posted diff settings in tfi settings under engine, fuel and exhaust.

Back