free website stats program I'm looking to buy my 1st HD '11 RK vs '07 RK CVO vs '07 RK | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm looking to buy my 1st HD '11 RK vs '07 RK CVO vs '07 RK

I love the look of the Road King without the windshield...however, I am too much of a wimp to ride much without it. We live in an area where the speed limits are 55mph or more, so the slowest I go is down our driveway. :( I took off last summer thinking I would take a short ride and leave the wind shield off. I made it 2 miles. :O Then turned around and went back home and put the windshield on. Fortunately, we live in an area that we are far enough off the road so I had just put the windshield against the side of the garage. :D (I had the top & doors off the Jeep once too, the doors were leaned up against the tree, and we had taken the top off to remove the brace from the back since I didn't plan on running with the soft top. We left the hard top sitting in the yard beside the tree. Great neighbors, great neighborhood. We were out for a couple of hours and came home to everything as we left it.

But I digress...I'm like Jack...never again without a windshield...unless I'm in a 35mph area.

I agree with the last three post about not using a windshield I also do not understand no helmet either. Boy them bugs that miss the shield hit awful hard on the helmet..... OUCH!

Thanks for all the advise but I went against what most of you said and bout the '07 Road King Screamimg Eagle CVO. It rides great and has lots of power. I like to ride with no windshield and no helmet. It does not hurt.

F35A9ADF-4781-4B39-B645-66DADB228484.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Great looking scoot.....;)
You just have not been hit hard enough by a hard shell bug to get you to see otherwise.:eek:

I've been wacked hard in the forehead, nose and cheek (not all at once). Then you meet or pass a gravel truck and get sand blasted. Toughen up boys, LOL!!!

Back