free website stats program I'm down here cruising the Tx. coast on my sporty 48. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm down here cruising the Tx. coast on my sporty 48.

Welcome from Wisconsin.
Thanks man. You guys probably have a little cooler weather to ride in up north. Sometimes I could handle not getting more sunburn than I asked for.

That is a good talent to have...I unfortunately do not have said talent. ;)
I'll tell you one thing. Gauges and electrical mods were easy until they went to a BCS wiring and control system on the sporty in 14. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve if I can find the parts though.

Welcome from So. Texas. What part of the coast are you riding. I'm in the So. Padre Island area.
tourbox
I'm up here in Corpus Christi. You guys probably deal with the law more than we do up on the North end of Padre Island but (EDIT) man, things are getting tough all over the place these days.

Welcome to the forum from Scotland

Brian
Howdy from Texas. I'm part Scot myself. I' love to come visit some day but riding there would scare the (EDIT) out of me since your traffic rules are different from ours.

Thanks brother. Glad to be part of the discussion. I could always use new tricks and advice for tinkering on my HOG or any of my friends bikes...as long as they ask nicely. Ha ha ha.

Greetings,yeah,having to stop every hundred miles must be a drag.Or less
Yeah, it wasn't cool doing that much re-fueling on my 09 Nightster and it had a 3.3 gallon tank! I love the wider front end and tire of my 2011 sporty 48. I'm into Sportys and I'll always stick to having one with a peanut tank and spoked wheels for the sake of nostalgia, but I can't believe they would chop the tank down to 2.1 gallons.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're sure right. My only problem is that I want to modify my bike more and more. It can become expensive but I love it. Those Vance and Hines straight shots I just installed should get the neighbors attention but hopefully not in a bad way.

Probably depends when you fire it up.Straight shots 6 am on a Sunday may get you some bad publicity.

That probably wouldn't be as bad as firing up my 32 Ford 3 window coupe with the sprint car headers I have on it uncorked. With the normal pipes it sounds mean but if I pull the header flanges, it sounds like a sprint car on a dirt track. It's pretty loud but the law can't do anything about it down here because it falls under a grandfather clause. I've always said "if it's too loud you're too old." Maybe I'm just old fashioned but loud pipes do save lives. I like people to know I'm there so I don't end up with road rash.

Interesting theory,but if you get by someone yakkin on their phone,or playing a game at the wheel,it may not lend much assistance.But I see your point.

Interesting theory,but if you get by someone yakkin on their phone,or playing a game at the wheel,it may not lend much assistance.But I see your point.
I'm having problems posting threads. It wont let me for some reason and I can't start a conversation either. What could I be doing wrong? I'd kind of like to post a thread for a peanut tank off of a sporty nightster or a roadster 2007 EFI or later so I can get a 3.3 gallon tank for my 48. any tips?

Back