free website stats program I'm down here cruising the Tx. coast on my sporty 48. | Harley Davidson Forums

I'm down here cruising the Tx. coast on my sporty 48.

Highside

It's laid back down here on the Texas Gulf Coast, but the cops like to harass us sometimes about our loud pipes. Forget it, I'm keeping my Vance and Hines straits. That's what it's all about. Getting a few friends to ride together and raising a little ruckus. We just keep it moderate and enjoy the ride. I just need a bigger tank so I can keep re-fuel stops to a minimum. I want to ditch the 2.1 gal. tank for a 3.3 gal. I have to stay old school with a peanut tank.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here!
I'll definitely visit the "self help section" Joyflyin. If it's one thing I truly enjoy about being a motorhead it's turning a wrench on just about anything. I have one problem though. Like the Jerry Reed song on Smokey and the bandit where he says "were gonna do things they say can't be done", I have a bad habit of getting parts and gauges to fit on later model bikes despite what the parts catalog says fits on that year model and against the advice of some of the dealership employees. The techs say I do nice work though so they usually don't doubt me when I tell them I can make something work.

I'll definitely visit the "self help section" Joyflyin. If it's one thing I truly enjoy about being a motorhead it's turning a wrench on just about anything. I have one problem though. Like the Jerry Reed song on Smokey and the bandit where he says "were gonna do things they say can't be done", I have a bad habit of getting parts and gauges to fit on later model bikes despite what the parts catalog says fits on that year model and against the advice of some of the dealership employees. The techs say I do nice work though so they usually don't doubt me when I tell them I can make something work.

That is a good talent to have...I unfortunately do not have said talent. ;)

Welcome from So. Texas. What part of the coast are you riding. I'm in the So. Padre Island area.
tourbox

Back