free website stats program If There Were No More Harley's On Earth? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

If There Were No More Harley's On Earth?

What would you do?

• Quit motorcycling

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Buy a metric, cruiser style bike

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Buy a metric, street bike

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Buy a non metric bike (Victory, Triumph)

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Other - explain

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
norton.jpg

Ohhhhh, I wanted one of these back when I rode in my earlier years. This is about a '70 Norton, isn't it?
This one is a '74 850 Commando. My brother has red one and a black one . In 1967 these bikes had rubber isolated engines
to tame the vibration. It is hard for me to understand why it took Harley Davidson 37 years to rubber mount the Sportster engine.
This is the new 961 S Commando that was supposed to go into production but I think has been delayed.
pg_redbike_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd go back to a Gold Wing, though a good metric crusier would work really well....Those Vulcans are nice, or a C90.

I would have a lot more lifted and custom golf carts !!! Never played a game of golf in my life ...but love a cool golf cart..

T-Bucket painted heavy metalflake gold/old style pinstriping with a early 351 firedome Hemi, six stromberg carbs, 3-speed crash box.
No top, no radio, no power anything and zoomies with built-in baffles.
My Harley with two extra tires. :D
wilks3
:USA

My '52 H-D Hummer is so old it has natural immunity and will survive the alien virus. I'll be hummin' down the road in a cloud of smoke (2-stroke) on 125 cc of sheer power, peanut tank and all.
Ishmael
PS The prototype for the sportster tank came from the hummers of the late 40's through 50's tank design, or so I've been told. Look under classic models, page 2, "Another Harley" for a few photos

I would probably build a chopper for myself. It's something I would like to do eventually anyway, I just need to develop the skills.

Back