free website stats program IDS Drive System Installation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

IDS Drive System Installation

Thanks for the info Mike. I really don't have any problems, or notice any chatter at any speeds. I have all the chrome and accessories that I want. I do not want any more power, my Dyna serves that purpose. I never hear any sounds from the compensator area. I guess I'm just having withdrawals from not buying anything for the Electraglide lately. It's almost front tire time, but the summer heat has me riding the Dyna more than the Electra. I just hate seeing the big brown truck drive by the house without stopping.

That's very odd that you didn't notice a difference but then again there were some bikes produced that for some reason didn't have the noise problem in the drive line like the others did. Maybe your bike was one of the quiet ones. Every one that I installed was a major improvement over the way it came from the factory.

I think you're exacly right about having one of the few quiet bikes.It's always had the 5th gear noise, but it's never been terrible. I notice it more riding along a guard rail or bridge. The J&M amp and speakers seemed to help more than anything.

Installed Isolated Drive System(IDS)

OMG Amazing!!!! Had all the sound of marbles rolling in a tin can in both 3rd and 5th gear. After reading Glider's post on IDS I purchased a kit and installed it today, simple installation took about two hours. Just got back from a test ride and ABSOLUTELY chatter free! I even lugged it down to 1800 RPM in 5th gear and quiet as a church mouse. For those of you considering this fix, DO IT, you'll be as pleased as I am.

Thanks again Glider for the best fix.

Re: Installed Isolated Drive System(IDS)

I've learned that if Glider says something works you can be sure it will. Glad you got the results you were looking for. Where did you purchase the kit and do you have any pix of the install?

Re: Installed Isolated Drive System(IDS)

OMG Amazing!!!! Had all the sound of marbles rolling in a tin can in both 3rd and 5th gear. After reading Glider's post on IDS I purchased a kit and installed it today, simple installation took about two hours. Just got back from a test ride and ABSOLUTELY chatter free! I even lugged it down to 1800 RPM in 5th gear and quiet as a church mouse. For those of you considering this fix, DO IT, you'll be as pleased as I am.

Thanks again Glider for the best fix.

I'm glad you found the same results as I did. That was my first response to after installing the IDS, I couldn't believe the difference it made to the overall running of the bike, no more chatter.

Like HDDon said, I don't recommend anything that doesn't work because it's a waste of money but this upgrade is worth every penny.

Anyone have the axle spacer dimensions for the installation of a HD Isolated
drive into a 2007 FXD, Sprocket needs about .25" spacer in between the drive and the wheel hub to line the belt up. If some has fitted one of these to a FXD
I would appreciate information.

Back