free website stats program Ideas For A Week Long Trip | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ideas For A Week Long Trip

One of my options did include a trip that way - York plant tour and a visit to my brother in Rochester, NY. Only thing I'm hesitant about is it might still be dipping below 40 degrees overnight that time of year and that could cut down on some early starts. Not really afraid of cold weather but why subject myself to it if I don't absolutely have to? Most of the other destinations I'm considering usually have gorgeous weather in late April and early May.

True.......some cold mornings are a possibility up here even in May / June timeframe! You should try to check out NH and the Maine coastline some summer thought!

haha, my wife and family don't very exited about my long disappearing ,too. but i got permission to disappear for 4 months. Maybe you should come to China.

D or F.

New Mexico/Colorado are on my list as well.

Can't go wrong with NW Arkansas. I loved it there. Make a trip up through Mountain Home, take the ferry across Bull Shoals Lake, spend a night or two in Eureka Springs and shoot up to Branson, MO.

I used to ride ALOT in NW Georgia when I lived in Marietta, and I got kind of tired of that scene. So a few years ago, on a whim, I packed up my 2005 Kawasaki KLR 650 (first bike I ever bought) and headed out that way...Spent a night im Memphis and partied on Beale St, a night in Branson, MO, a few nights in different small oklahoma towns, down to Orange Beach, AL and back to Marietta. Went down through Oklahoma and picked up a few miles of the original route 66, where the road was kinda broken up, and just big enough for one car at a time. It was awesome. Saw alot of sights, and definetly easy to do in a week.

Here's a pic

DSC02757.jpg

Northwest Arkansas is beautiful. :D

Talking to the guys at Lake Osage HD there is a road HWY 125 is what I remember that dead ends into a lake and you can take a ferry acrossed the lake. I think that sounds neat.

I know I am prejudiced cause I live in arkansas, but I never get tired of riding the north west and north central part of arkansas. We even have our own "tail of the dragon"!

i vote "F" spent a lot of time working out there and hope to go back. :newsmile036:

where ever you decide don't forget to bring back something special for the wife so you can get permission again next time.

Well, leaving tomorrow morning on option F.

Monday - Newnan, GA (rendezvous with my buddy who will come with me) to Greenwood, MS via back roads. My oldest daughter is a teacher in Greenwood so I'll take her and some friends out for dinner.

Tuesday - Greenwood to Hot Springs, AR

Wednesday - Hot Springs to Eureka Springs via several recommended roads

Thursday - Eureka Springs to Tupelo, MS

Friday - Tupelo north on the Natchez Trace for a bit. Then over to eastern AL's Little River Canyon and then back roads home.

I've got a new camera so I'll try to take lots of pictures and post them when I get back.

Well, leaving tomorrow morning on option F.

Monday - Newnan, GA (rendezvous with my buddy who will come with me) to Greenwood, MS via back roads. My oldest daughter is a teacher in Greenwood so I'll take her and some friends out for dinner.

Tuesday - Greenwood to Hot Springs, AR

Wednesday - Hot Springs to Eureka Springs via several recommended roads

Thursday - Eureka Springs to Tupelo, MS

Friday - Tupelo north on the Natchez Trace for a bit. Then over to eastern AL's Little River Canyon and then back roads home.

I've got a new camera so I'll try to take lots of pictures and post them when I get back.

wishing you a good safe trip Doc....enjoy

Be safe, Doc. You're in for a real treat. Some great riding out that way. I'd love to take a trip out that way this summer...I'll have to wait till September though...it gets wayyyy to hot there in the summer. You are going at a good time of the year...although we are having a warm spell right now. Wear SUNSCREEN!

Hot Springs to Eureka Springs is gonna be a fun ride...going through the Ozark National Forest (ride the pig trail) is gorgeous.

Also, from Eureka Springs down through all those little towns halfway to Tupelo is also a great ride. Very rural and rustic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back