free website stats program "I'd like to thank my...." | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

"I'd like to thank my...."

I would have to say "All my friends here" I learn from other peoples problems, mistakes, knowledge, etc..... Most people who I know that know about my accident tease me about it. Ive heard alot of jokes about hitting a deer from fellow riders that I ride with. I just go with the flow.. Im always telling my hubby about the things I learn here. Road snakes, cop/speed signal, manhole covers and all the other little tidbits. He works alot of hours and is only home 5 days a month so I fill him in on what I learn. Some things he didnt know about. So I gotta say you all have helped me the most.:D

Would have to thank my parents. They got me and my brother a dirtbike ('83 Honda CR60) when I was 8. Shortly after it needed a top end rebuild and my dad and I spent a night tearing it apart and installed a new piston and rings. He made me to all the work and I have been riding ever since. Thanks Mom! Thanks dad.

AJ

This forum and my wife who said, " If you really love me you will buy that Road King Classic and Liberty sidecar rig for me."

Now ain't that the truth...no sacrifice too great...how in the world did convince the wife to add that little "rider" before the bill could pass! I think you really must love her to do that...LOL!:D

Wow....... Very cool stuff here people! It goes to show the vast dimension of "why we ride"...... and keep riding. I know there's something deep in each of us that keeps our "behinds" on the seats no matter what.... but there's something about those friends, relationships, experiences, and passer-byes that keeps it "real". Cool insights here friends!

Being a single female, I was afraid that I would not have much support and was in over my head. I have found tons of helpful info on this (and several other) message boards, as well as from my MSF class.

My friend/co-worker, Cash, has been riding a Harley for decades, and as soon as I expressed an interest in motorcycles, he ran with it. He encouraged me to ask him as many questions as I could think of before, during and after the class. He had faith in me when I doubted myself. He guided me through finding a bike that fit, visited the dealer with me multiple times, and ended up driving 4 hours round trip to pick up a bike I finally ended up buying at a dealer further away. He rode a 883L (too small for him) for 2 hours with the stock seat, no windshield, and a half-helmet, even though he's used to his own pimped out bagger.

I am a new rider- just got my license and am waiting for my bike to be lowered so I can start practicing in the parking lots before hitting the streets. He is helping me get the modifications made that I want/need, and has offered to drive my bike to the school where they have the MSF range, and help me hone my skills for as long as I need. I feel that he has gone way over and above what is expected, even from a good friend, and I cannot thank him enough for his encouragement. I'd also like to thank his wife for being cool about all the time he has spent helping me out with this. She learned to ride a few years ago, and he is helping me as much as he helped her. They are both amazing people with a love of motorcycles, and I've been lucky to have their support!!

Back