free website stats program "I'd like to thank my...." | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"I'd like to thank my...."

well I use mobil vtwin , formula plus and spectro for the tranny , and of course pledge, must have learned something , have talked about 8 bikes into the same and everyone happy !! PLus i have learned not to type bad words.....All of us in Venezuela thank you glider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exaaactly! The whole HD TALKING TEAM is off the hook! It's beyond words - really - how great it is to have this "sanctuary" where we can be safe and know that we can discuss issues knowing that we won't be bombarded with a "sales pitch" but rather.... some good - discussion and advice about what's really been "tried and true", get us really thinking about options, and to be enlightened . Also.... as a woman rider I find respect on this site. Thank you Hd Talking Team!:small3d028:

I guess I'd have to thank my wife.

I started riding many years before she enterned my life and had quit for a while. I started up again and met her. I was riding crotch-rockets at the time and she loved riding, but hated be a passenger on those kinds of bikes. We got an 1100 Virago and rode that for years and both of us loved it. After a decade of riding together (getting married and now having kids) I sold the bike because of all sorts of reasons...(travel for work, kids, chores, etc).

Could never afford the HD so when we moved to Chicago, I told her I wanted to find a 1100 Virago and she was all for it. She missed riding as much as I did. So I found the Virago and the only local place I could find for a helmet and leather was the HD store. The sales guy (who's my sales guy today) was trying to sell me a 1200 Sporty but was over my 4 grand limit. My mistake is I took it for a ride.

Went home and told my wife about it. She was shaking her head when I told her about it because the bike was over 5 thousand.

So she said she was going to go get ready and she'd go look at it. Well, sneaky her...when she was getting dressed she had made a phone call.

By the time we got to the HD store, the bike was already bought and dressed up. This is what I saw when I got there.

Oh, I didn't mention that it was CLOSE to our anniversary!

Thanks wifee!!

Attachments

• sporty2.jpg
    sporty2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 30
Well I'd like to thank all the people here for all the help and information and just good ideas. Very nice site.

I guess I'd have to thank my wife.

I started riding many years before she enterned my life and had quit for a while. I started up again and met her. I was riding crotch-rockets at the time and she loved riding, but hated be a passenger on those kinds of bikes. We got an 1100 Virago and rode that for years and both of us loved it. After a decade of riding together (getting married and now having kids) I sold the bike because of all sorts of reasons...(travel for work, kids, chores, etc).

Could never afford the HD so when we moved to Chicago, I told her I wanted to find a 1100 Virago and she was all for it. She missed riding as much as I did. So I found the Virago and the only local place I could find for a helmet and leather was the HD store. The sales guy (who's my sales guy today) was trying to sell me a 1200 Sporty but was over my 4 grand limit. My mistake is I took it for a ride.

Went home and told my wife about it. She was shaking her head when I told her about it because the bike was over 5 thousand.

So she said she was going to go get ready and she'd go look at it. Well, sneaky her...when she was getting dressed she had made a phone call.

By the time we got to the HD store, the bike was already bought and dressed up. This is what I saw when I got there.

Oh, I didn't mention that it was CLOSE to our anniversary!

Thanks wifee!!

:thanks Great Story!

Back