free website stats program I drove thru Nature, help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I drove thru Nature, help

This is the first time this has happened to you ?
As a farmer I will say some think that smells like money

I've went over crossings like this before, but nothing ever like this. In the past it wouldn't even smell. This time I had to cruise thru fluids and solids. :) It does open the nose good.

Wet the area down real good.

Get a can of simply green foaming bike cleaner or simply green barbeque cleaner. Their both the exact same thing in a different can. The msd is on the page links.

Never use any kind of cleaner on your Harley before you read the msd. Stay away from any product that has toluene, benzine, xylene. If you are not sure of a component go to Wikipedia and search for it.

You can use gunk engine bright engine cleaner.

Before everyone goes ballistic. Here are the ingredients for the gunk. No caustic just petroleum base. No worse than a bad oil leak. I use the simply green or the gunk every time I change oil. I do not use these products on painted surfaces.

2-Butoxyethanol
Aromatic Petroleum Naphtha
Isobutane
Petroleum Base Oil
Propane

Spray it on the bottom of the bike, in between the heat shields. on the mufflers.

Let it sit until the foam starts to dissolve. Then hose wash it off. Then wash the bike as you would normally do.

let us know how this turns out Scrounger - think of the bright side - at least you weren't tooling normal speed behind a pick up truck and got it splattered all over you personally... I can think of a line the ole wife may have come back with had that happened lol -

let us know how this turns out Scrounger - think of the bright side - at least you weren't tooling normal speed behind a pick up truck and got it splattered all over you personally... I can think of a line the ole wife may have come back with had that happened lol -

I was hit with a pig turd from a truck once on the highway (smelled like it had a million pigs in the back of it) when I had my FJR1300. That was really not nice.

Back