free website stats program I drove thru Nature, help | Harley Davidson Forums

I drove thru Nature, help

Scrounger

I will put this politely, but I was enjoying a new country road when I came up on a farm, as I approached the farm the road was COVERED from side to side for about 40 feet of some sort of cow/goat/sheep poo. I had a car behind me so I could only slow down so much and no real shoulder. I was basically splashing poo up on the HOT bike.

Needless to say the odor was nasty. I came home and let her cool then went about the most detailed wash I have ever done.

I figured I was golden at this point but I went out this morning and after about 15 minutes of riding the bike smells like poo again. I came home and did the wash again looking for any 'material' I might have missed. After dinner I went out for a quick scoot, and it back again after about 10 or 15 minutes of riding.

Could this be like new car smell that just has to burn off or could I be looking at a smelly ride because of a bit of a nature crossing.

The wife is laughing at me, but I'm freaked out by this one.

Sometimes the smell of the countryside is good sometimes not i would think you still have some somwhere and as it gets warm itll tell you by the smell
i would check the underside between the frame and engine etc there must be some somewhere

Brian

I'm suprised the Mrs didn't hand a air freshener from the handlebars when you weren't looking :D - Bob

My suggestion is to set aside plenty of time and bring a bucket of patience then put her on a lift where the water can run freely. Start at the front and clean every possible nook and cranny methodically. When you get tired of the deed take a break but note exactly where left off. Pay special attention to behind the heat shields. Soap and water will break down the stuff with soak time. It's water soluble. Before you know it your ride will be gleaming from tip to stern! Finish with some pledge and your golden. :p

Under the heat shields. You might have to take them off.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. My dealer was making fun of me when I stopped by today and as I said see ya later, he said just that, check under the heat shields. The front lower shield by the floorboard was 'collecting' nature.

This has been a new one for me.

Would also recommend to "carefully" power wash the underbelly, under fenders & engine/exhaust areas with pressure washer @ low setting. Want to be far away from paint, but close enough to get everything out of nooks & crannies. Good luct & like Smitty says - that's the smell of money (former MN farm boy)...;-)

Would also recommend to "carefully" power wash the underbelly, under fenders & engine/exhaust areas with pressure washer @ low setting. Want to be far away from paint, but close enough to get everything out of nooks & crannies. Good luct & like Smitty says - that's the smell of money (former MN farm boy)...;-)

Keep the pressure away from the wheel bearings:s They are sealed yeah right

Back