free website stats program I did my small part today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I did my small part today

Good job!

I stop by Dunkin Donuts most every morning. Several weeks ago there was a guy standing in line in font of me. He was wearing a ball cap with the name of a ship on it. I asked him if had served on it. ( I don't remember what ship it was) He said "yes, 5 years". Due to the fact that I'm in there every morning, the whole staff knows me. I motioned to the mgr that I wanted to pay for his coffee and doughnut, then sat at one of the tables by the window. When he tried to pay for the food he looked genuinely surprised when she said that it was already paid for.
He looked around to see who the 'culprit' was. I feigned innocence and ignored him. He must have figured it out because as I watched him pull out of the parking spot, he stopped, smiled, and gave me a quick salute.

What a great feeling that $3 gave me. :42:

I'm a vet from the 64-68 era and never had anything like that done for me. Different time, different society.

What else could you do for $3.00 to get such a feeling. And by the way, Thank You for your service!

Good job on the respect for our armed forces members, being a Viet Nam era Vet,Wished our generation would have gotten a little bit of praise.

It doesn't take much to make you feel good, it's a shame that so many people in the world just don't realize how little it takes to make the world a better place. :s

Keep up the good work everyone!

Very nice gesture, more people should do that to show some respect to the men and women that serve.

Good going!

Back