free website stats program I could use a good belt right about now... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I could use a good belt right about now...

My brother snapped a belt and his H-D extended warranty refused to cover it. The dealer stepped up and provided a decent deal as good will on their end. Be polite and ask for the best deal they can offer. Good luck.

My Sincere "Thanks" to all of you that have replied. They're not the Optimistic responses I was hoping for, but, perhaps better than sugar coating it.

I'm expecting more information tomorrow (Tuesday) from the dealer and I will let you know as soon as possible. Another thing not in my favor is the dealer that has my bike is not the same as the one where I bought it. UGH!!!

My Sincere "Thanks" to all of you that have replied. They're not the Optimistic responses I was hoping for, but, perhaps better than sugar coating it.

I'm expecting more information tomorrow (Tuesday) from the dealer and I will let you know as soon as possible. Another thing not in my favor is the dealer that has my bike is not the same as the one where I bought it. UGH!!!

Have you spoken to the dealer where you purchased the bike? They may want to do something for you and it is possible that the two dealers can work something out. I know this is a part not covered by warrenty but given that you purchased it new and it has so few miles on it you may find that your original dealer is willing to help. You never know until you ask.

Have you spoken to the dealer where you purchased the bike? They may want to do something for you and it is possible that the two dealers can work something out. I know this is a part not covered by warrenty but given that you purchased it new and it has so few miles on it you may find that your original dealer is willing to help. You never know until you ask.

HDDon,
Yes, I have spoken to dealer where purchased. They have spoken to dealer in Sacto. Purchase dealer got the ball rolling with repair dealer. Still a "Hurry up and Wait" situation now. I expect to hear from repair dealer some time today.

Bring them in some doughnuts when you go to discuss it, food speaks louder than words :D

Glider,
I like that idea! However, any discussion will be over the phone as they (repair dealer) are 2 hours away. Wonder if sending flowers would help?

Last Saturday I was riding to meet some friends in Sacramento. I was off the Highway, when My drive belt broke at the stoplight. Light turned Green, let the clutch out, no go.

Had bike picked up and taken to Sacramento Harley Davidson, it got there just at closing.

Service department closed until Tuesday.

I've had the bike 4 months and 2700+ miles. It is a '09, Softail Custom, I am the first owner.

I have installed: Dobeck's Gen 3 EJK, K&N Intake Kit, and American Custom slip ons.

Had 1000 Mile service done at San Jose H-D in February.

I'm expecting a fight from H-D regarding warranty coverage. Other than remaining Cool, Calm, and Collected what else should I be ready with?

I included the original post so that everyone is up to speed.

Just got off the phone with Sacramento H-D, they will be doing the repair at no charge...It will be covered under warranty! To say I'm "relieved", would be a huge understatement. I get to pick up the bike next Tuesday, ( It's the only day they're open and I'm off ) Yes, I will be bringing a large box of doughnuts! I also intend to stop at Oakland H-D ( Selling Dealer ) and express my gratitude with them. Can't wait to get back on, looking forward to a nice little cruise from Sacramento to Santa Clara.

To all of you forum members, Thank You for your input!

I think I need to buy a Lotto ticket.

I included the original post so that everyone is up to speed.

Just got off the phone with Sacramento H-D, they will be doing the repair at no charge...It will be covered under warranty! To say I'm "relieved", would be a huge understatement. I get to pick up the bike next Tuesday, ( It's the only day they're open and I'm off ) Yes, I will be bringing a large box of doughnuts! I also intend to stop at Oakland H-D ( Selling Dealer ) and express my gratitude with them. Can't wait to get back on, looking forward to a nice little cruise from Sacramento to Santa Clara.

To all of you forum members, Thank You for your input!

I think I need to buy a Lotto ticket.
Sounds great Ferrous, just don't forget your friends here at HDTimeline.com when you win the lottery. :D

.. .. ... Just got off the phone with Sacramento H-D, they will be doing the repair at no charge... .. .. .. .. .. . Yes, I will be bringing a large box of doughnuts! I also intend to stop at Oakland H-D ( Selling Dealer ) and express my gratitude with them. .. . .. . . .

So glad to hear that. Good to see goodwill in the workplace and marketplace. That HD dealer might have had to pay for the belt but look at the reputation they gained.

GREAT.......

Did they tell you WHAT cause the break?? Their Thoughts??

The belt that is broken is no longer available to you other than to look at,,, as they Keep all warranty old parts.

That saved you OVER 500$$.. Donuts in hand to the service area then go find the best Looking GAL working in their HD shop and Plant a BIG ONE on her..... Saying Thanks and You guys are the Best....

Let US Know How THAT works out....

Life is SWEET.....

signed....BUBBIE

Whew, those belts look pretty durable to me. About the only thing other than improper adjustment that would cut them would be running over and kicking up a sharp piece of metal. Going to add "check belt closely" to my preflight routine.

Back