free website stats program HVAC Help Anyone | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

HVAC Help Anyone

Thanks a million guys. I have some pretty decent oil if needed, (Super secret stuff I used on the mtb in the racing days) :D But, since the weather has turned fairly comfortable, I believe I will be okay over the weekend. I don't want to make anyone work any more than necessary on a weekend. I may have a different attitude if the weather was like what we had a couple of weeks ago. :newsmile03:

But, since the room with the a/c unit, the hot water heater, the water softener, and the washer and dryer is kind of small to begin with, I may just wait it out and let it be someone their problem to get to. :D I'm nice like that.

Wait, no, it's a piece of cake to get to, I promise, just in case I need to call one of you. LOL, it should be easy to get to if you know the tricks. :) But here is what bugs me, the engineers should have to work on the stuff they design! Why put screws directly behind the vent pipe that goes up to the ceiling?

I will let you all know how it works out. :s Again, I can't thank you enough.

A couple other thoughts.

If the indoor fan motor has an issue and is running slower than normal and not moving the required amount of air through the evaporator, it will cause a low suction pressure. A low suction pressure is what causes freezing. It could be low on charge but airflow is always the first check with a low suction pressure. Be sure to check the filter (I know it seems simple) a clogged air filter is a real problem. If you can see the side of the coil that is facing the air filter, look and see that it is not matted with dirt or dog hair. If it is, a soft bristled brush would scrape that off.

Bodeen

About asking for an A/C guy...we are all "free air" Willie G fans...! Now if the A/C was adorned with custom paint or chrome, made a loud potato-potato sound that was "patented"...you might have more hits then you could shake a stick at...#33 ain't bad, Good Luck Joy, we could always turn this into a poll...!:newsmile04:

LOL, NHD you got me rolling here. :lolrolling:lolrolling Maybe I could have tolerated the racket if it sound like the 'potato, potato, potato'.

Bodeen, I did check all the filters, replaced the one, we have 2 other filter things and they were both good.

I don't mind paying service fees when it is over my head, but I hate to pay good money for someone to come out and take one screw out, unplug the old piece and plug a new one in, replace screw, and 20 minutes and $115 later I'm looking at their tail lights saying "If I had known that the problem was that piece, I would have fixed that". :D

I believe this is going to get more involved so in this case, I will leave it to the pros. :s

You don't know how relieved I was to hear all the suggestions and possibilities to look into. Even though I am sure this may end up costing a bit more than it would if hubby was here to fix it, it will be worth it so that I don't have to stress about learning as I go. :) He even said that he would probably call the pros for this issue. That tells me I don't want to touch it. :D

I am just happy that the weather is not what we had 2 weeks ago. :panic
I don't spend much time indoors these days, so I don't miss it much, & last night while I was out, I was wishing I had a jacket.....It's amazing how chilly 65* can feel. LOL

I will update you all with the final results.

Ok Joy, 1st off shame on me for not logging on in a few days. But.....Since I am in the A/C BUSINESS.....I've been a little busy...LOL
I am sending a pm with my phone number.....CALL ME!
I even spent half the day at camp lebanon today, and will be going back tommorow to haul back the Band trailer from band camp.

Hey looky that Joy...ask and thou shalt receive...Crazyfrog to the rescue! Glad to see you back...and another Free air Willie fan too!:lolrolling

LOL, I hear ya guys. :) I know that CF has been busy lately if he is in the A/C business and has a child in band. I remember the days of band camp and 2 practices a day. I don't miss them, but I remember them.

The best news is, I may have a new HVAC company. :D Crazyfrog really is a Super Hero. :s

I can't thank him enough for taking time out on a weekend to stop by and take a look. I'll at least have to meet up with him some day for breakfast down the road!

In case I haven't mentioned this before, this is the absolute best forum in the world, AND, Crazyfrog stopped by with the big red cape and an 'S' on his chest this morning; okay, it was really a big 'O' for OSU, but close enough.

He gave the unit a shot of freon and this the house is chilling nicely. :worthy:worthy

I do owe him a breakfast or 12 because he would not let me pay him. It is so good know there are some great people in this world who are still willing to help people out. :s

He also explained a couple of things on how the unit works and what to look for, what is normal and such so now I will know in the future what to look for.

I grew up without central heat and air so I was not too uncomfortable lately, but I have to say, I like having it due to a little sinus issue occasionally. Fortunately too, the weather has been great the last few days so I was very lucky with the timing.

Now, I may have to go outside and play or if I'm going to stay inside, I may have to put some socks on. :D Funny how dropping the temp from 80* to 76* will change things. :lolrolling

THANK YOU CRAZYFROG!

And, thank everyone for their suggestions and for keeping me from tearing the A/C apart and having a gazillion pieces out that I don't know what to do with. :)

We have known for a few years that we would be looking at buying a new unit at some point, but it was never a big deal because it was working.....however, I now know who I am going to call when he gets back and we decide what to do. I'm glad we waited now, I would rather buy from someone we know than a stranger if I can. :s

You all are great!:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

Let's hear it for "Crazyfrog" for helping out Joy with the A/C.

Kudos to you bud!:cheers

Glad you were helped out Joy and you're "chillin" again! :D

Wow, and to think we only know about bikes, that was way cool Kudos:s

Back