free website stats program HVAC Help Anyone | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HVAC Help Anyone

joy if u do replace the condenser motor the hardest part is removing the fan blade assembly from the shaft spray the area w/ a penetrating oil let it set. there is a set screw witch holds blades to shaft sometimes 2, they hold on the flats of the shaft. fyi..

Joy

It's entirely possible that it is the fan hitting something if that's the type of noise you hear unless it is a bearing screetching.

If it's the fan, sometimes the drain pan for the condensate water shigts and hits the fan blade, just a matter of removing the case or sliding the unit out of the case and checking it out.

It sounds like you need a new condenser fan. Some times the blades will crack, loose a weight that balances the blade, or the rivets will work loose which will cause a lot of noise also. I do HVAC work on large and small units for a living. If it is the fan motor replace it, lubricating it wont do you any good. If you do replace it it is a good thing to replace the capacitor. A lot of units have a dual capacitor that is for your fan and compressor.

Hey Kiddo - is it a clanging sound(fan blade hitting ) or a screeching sound ( bearing) ?

Definitely a clanging.

Where else but HDT would you get all this advice and that fast?

Absolutely! Who would have thought to go to a motorcycle forum for A/C help.

I will shut the unit off tonight, and see if that helps and then tear into it with a little more detail now that I have something to go on tomorrow, if I can't fix it, I will, as Andy so passionately told Aunt Bee, "Just call the man Aunt Bee, just call the man. " :D

Definitely a clanging.

Absolutely! Who would have thought to go to a motorcycle forum for A/C help.

I will shut the unit off tonight, and see if that helps and then tear into it with a little more detail now that I have something to go on tomorrow, if I can't fix it, I will, as Andy so passionately told Aunt Bee, "Just call the man Aunt Bee, just call the man. " :D

LOL, hope you dont get over heated with all this global warming, but that would give you reason for going for a nice long ride to cool off til you can get it fixed, Good Luck Joy, Jack:)

Definitely a clanging.

Did you happen to notice if one of the blades were bent or if it has a allen screw holding the blade onto the shaft of the motor?

I will investigate closer tomorrow, it's kind of tight in there and by the time I had the bright idea to turn to my friends here, I was nearly out of time and had to leave.

I was pretty bummed this morning, but now I have hope that I can fix this, more for bragging rights than anything else now. :) Kind of like getting that alarm working on my bike when I stumbled in here a few years back. :D

Ironically, we have 2 houses and 2 air conditioners on the fritz. Go figure. Oh well, it is what it is. I think I will let the pro's do the one at the farm, he wanted to get the heat pump serviced there anyway, and he suspected the fan motor was bad on that one a while back. Still undecided on that one. One at a time though. I'm kind of excited now.

Back