free website stats program How to Quiet Rinehart Mufflers Down? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How to Quiet Rinehart Mufflers Down?

I ordered these and soon as I got them I sent right back. Really bogus install on the baffles its basically hit or miss and since it falls way down into the baffle its next to impossible to center it before you attempt a drill a hole and even if you get it centered you still can not see where to drill. There instructions tell you can see where to drill by looking through one of the baffle louvers, but since it drops in too far there are no louvers there. My 2 cents save your $$ ,the Big City Thunder baffles look like they would be a simpler install but I'm not real keen on the indea of drilling a hole in my headpipe to mount it, as if your not satisfied your stuck a hole. On top of that I have read some posts that they really do not quiet your mufflers down that much plus I think they get $160 for the setup!

Wish that sombody would just make a reverse flow baffle and then just wrap it with fiberglass, I'm guessing that it would work. As for now I have run out of options, I just would really hate to have to pop for a new set of mufflers and a dyno. My friend just went with the Fuel Moto headpipes and jackpot mufflers they sould just right not too loud and a good bass rumble.

Again still wonder why Rinehart/ Clearline simply do not offer a quiet baffle, there are people looking for them. As I mentioned before when I called Rinehart I was told to wrap the baffle in fiberglass, that is ridiculous as its a straight though baffle and really would do nothing to quiet the mufflers, I tried it and it changed nothing, put perhaps a hair bassier.

I would be interested to know if anyone tried these as well. Pretty reasonably priced.
Would like to know the approximate decrease in sound and approximate loss in HP (if any).

How to Quiet Rinehart Mufflers Down?
Mine are way to loud also. Must be a way or just spring for a different muffler system. Don't have or want to spend the $$$.

I've been considering the crumb cup mod. The crumb cup is made to fit in your sink to stop stuff from going down the drain. Some bikers have found that fixing the crumb cup inside, covering the exhaust hole, lowers the decibels of your exhaust. You can screw them into the muffler or use high temp silicon.

My 2 into 1 Thunderheaders are super loud when the engine is cold, but seem just right when hot. My new job has employee parking in an underground security garage and all the car alarms announce whenever I leave. Thunderheaders don't have baffles inside, and they end with a large reverse cone/air scavenger that puts the actual exhaust hole about 7 inches deep inside the end of the pipe, which makes the crumb cup installation tricky. Any advice?
:6:

Back