free website stats program How to Quiet Rinehart Mufflers Down? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How to Quiet Rinehart Mufflers Down?

Just got off the phone w/ Rinehart and they told me I could just wrap the baffle till I get the sound I wanted. I asked about a loss in performance and I was told it would be negelable. So I will look for some stainless steel matting.

Gee I just want a set for Rineharts.

So the packing did not help at all? What width did you get? My Rinehart system is the 1800-0100 on my 2010 FLHTK. These mufflers are way too loud to tour with, the sound is fun around tonw but gets old real fast.

I would hate to have to buy a whole set of new mufflers and the have to pay for another dyno again...........

Perhaps you took some photos of what you did?

TIA,
John

motors.shop.ebay.com/ndangels/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I have not noticed a difference in power. My bike only has 73 hp so 1 or 2 hp would not be noticed.

motors.shop.ebay.com/ndangels/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

I just picked the size length of my baffle and ordered it. I made sure I had extra but only had to make one pass around the baffle. I haven't noticed any power loss. I wasn't too sure about the sound but don't even think about it now. I wanted to quiet the noise when I wore a helmet which was deafening. The packing didn't help.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I'm not sure about the thickness but if I had to guess, I would say 1/2". It is all trial and error so even if you were to get a thin packing and wrap it twice or three times, you could see how if you want more or less.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures. I'm not sure about the thickness but if I had to guess, I would say 1/2". It is all trial and error so even if you were to get a thin packing and wrap it twice or three times, you could see how if you want more or less.
OK picked up some 1/2 fiberglass and wrapped till I could not fit anymore in the pipe, probably about 2 to 3 times. Started the bike and its still loud but it does sound a bit better (deeper). From looking down the muffler its a straight flow muffler so I doubt that wrapping will really do anything. If it was a reverse core baffle the glass would help. Its raining out so I have to hold off the test ride.

If anyone has tried that smartparts baffle made for the Rineharts I would like some feeeback.

Just purchased a 10 Ultra that has the Rinehart tru duals w/ there mufflers. I know that there gonna be loud as I had this set up on my 03 SERK. I know that they offer a quiet baffle but as I remember there still loud. Does anyone else offer even quieter baffles?

TIA,
J

Hey give them to me. That will make them quite. :D:D:D:D

I would love to have those pipes.

Back