free website stats program How Should A Passenger Mount The Bike? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Should A Passenger Mount The Bike?

This is just the way I do it. The bike sitting there on the sidestand. Wife gets on. She grabs hold of the handlebars and just sits down on the passenger seat. I put a leg over the seat and stand the bike up and away we go.

Bill

My ol lady just kinda jumps on all 100 pounds of her....and I just take on off ..we got about 50,000 miles together

Same here I can barely feel when my wife hops on(maybe 115)!! But I do feel more secure by getting the bike up-right & warmed up for few minutes prior to the better 1/2 getting on .

My wife does not step on the floorboard. She stands beside the bike with a hand on my left shoulder then throws a leg over til her butt hits the seat and puts feet on the boards. She is 5' 7" . The motorcycle training manuals say upright off the stand in neutral looking forward both hands on the bars with front brake.

Bike upright and bars straight ahead with my feet firmly planted and then I give her the ok to get on. Its never been an issue so far.

I'm like the the other sheep in the herd....upright, neutral, feet planted, hands on bars, front brake applied wheher it's running or not.

Back