free website stats program How Should A Passenger Mount The Bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

How Should A Passenger Mount The Bike?

5dollars

I have always stabilized my bike then asked my passenger to then get on. I saw a video where the bike is on its jiffy stand, wheel fully locked to the left as the passenger steps on the foot peg and gets on. The rider then corrects the front wheel then lifts the bike off its stand. On a Harley that seems to be a lot of pressure on the "small" portion of the stand. what's your opinion?

I have always done pretty much as you describe. Bike running in neutral with me straddling seat. Sidestand up. Front wheel straight. I get a good grip on the handlebars and squeeze the seat between my thighs to stabilize everything. Only then do I give my passenger the head nod and verbal "OK" to step on the passenger peg and swing a leg over the bike. Then make sure you get a shoulder tap and another verbal "OK" before you put the bike in gear and begin moving.

When my bike is all loaded when on a tour it a lot of weight to pull off the side stand and get the bike upright and that is with the weight kept as low as possible
A passenger would be a wee bit more weight than that and be further from the pivot point of where the wheels touch the ground so even more weight to move
For me bike upright and held as steady as I can legs locked straight, front brake applied passenger as close to the bike as possible and step on foot peg and climb on

Brian

Bike upright for me. Brother in law always on the stand as described in the first post. Looks awkward to me.

I keep the bike upright wheel pointing straight ahead, motor off then let her climb on, start it up and a verbal ok before we go.

Lifting the bike off the stand with passenger aboard just seems like more work than necessary. Straight up and running is the way we do it.

upright, in neutral, running and when i am ready for them.
patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike upright and running, front brake on feet flat on ground. When The Redhead is on I ask her if she is comfy and ready, then pop her in gear

Back