free website stats program How much? | Harley Davidson Forums

How much?

flyby

How much can I expect to spend on one of these bikes if I were to look at the middle of the road one? I really think that these are far out of my price range but I thought that I would just ask and see if anyone knew. Thanks!

How much can I expect to spend on one of these bikes if I were to look at the middle of the road one? I really think that these are far out of my price range but I thought that I would just ask and see if anyone knew. Thanks!
$18k. Easy. I would get a used one if you wanted a touring model and you want to keep from spending that kind of money.

I would also suggest a used one if you are not looking to spend your life savings. I bought a used one and I love it. I am thinking about selling it though to get something a little more sporty! I think I am having a mid life crisis or something and I am only 30!

Unfortunantly I was not able to afford one of these bikes new or used so I went for a new Softail Classic instead. Eventually I would like to have a touring bike but I think I will wait that out until I get older. The cheapest I have ever seen one was something like $19,000.

Good going Lane I knew you sounded like you had a pretty good head on your shoulder.I love the Touring models but you did great anyways especially for a first ride.

If you don't have around $20K then you're probably not going to get a good bike, or at least not the kind of bike that you want. For this reason I would either get a used or touring bike to start off with.

I know this will probably cause a fire storm but here i go anyway. Before i got my Ultra I had a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Keep in mind this is not a Harley but that being said it is still an excellant choice. Big Bang for the buck. If I were strapped for cash I would seriously contemplate another RSV without a doubt. This bike is a caborated detuned VMax four cyclinder engine that goes like a rapped ape and is an excellant touring motorcycle. It is very much like the Ultra Classic and actually cost new under $17K. About a $10K from a new Ultra Classic.

I know all of you Harley guys are gonna bust my chops but not everyone can afford a new Ultra Classic or even a used one, so give a guy a break. I had to scrimp and save a long time and beg my wife big time before I got my Ultra Classic. There is an old saying that "As long as you are having fun there is no bad motorcycles.."

Last edited:
Back