free website stats program How much do you pay for insurance? | Harley Davidson Forums

How much do you pay for insurance?

I am paying about $1200.00 a year for my bike and I have never had an accident or any moving violations. This seemed a little high to me but I guess it is right for a brand new bike. What do you all think?

Well where I live I can only ride half of the year because we have pretty tough winters so I only insure my bike for half a year. My premium for half a year is $500 so I would say that you might be able to get a better price if you shop around but you are not that far off target.

I am paying about $1200.00 a year for my bike and I have never had an accident or any moving violations. This seemed a little high to me but I guess it is right for a brand new bike. What do you all think?
How old are you? Usually, sex, age, type of bike, and locale are the biggest factors in your insurance rates. I pay less than you do, for two cars and two bikes for a whole year!

But then again, I am 32 married, and ride touring bikes ;)

How much price shopping did you do beforehand? mine is just a few hundred below that, but a penny earned is a penny saved. Do some price matches online and see what you can come up with, most all will give you a free quote and sometimes a free gift just for trying them out.

One place to start is Best-Price.com and do a search on Insurance.You can price match a lot of stuff here.Just thought it would be a place to start if you like researching.

This is one of the major things that I am worried about looking into before I purchase my bike. Can you check what the insurance would be before you actually buy the bike? I would like to know roughly what I am getting myself into before I go and make my purchase.

How much price shopping did you do beforehand? mine is just a few hundred below that, but a penny earned is a penny saved. Do some price matches online and see what you can come up with, most all will give you a free quote and sometimes a free gift just for trying them out.
Well, if you're talking to me 50cent, I am retired US Navy and I get little perks, like membership in USAA. That's where I get my insurance from.

I did a lot of shopping around before I purchased my bike. At the time that I got my bike I was 24 Female and Married, I pay $60.00 per month full coverage! I thought that was an excellent rate even though that is what we pay for two cars on our policy.

OP sounds just a little high have you checked out that company they show on the t.v. all the time?They offer discounts like the other guy here mentioned.I believe it was the one with the little green lizzard?Can anyone help me out here?

You are thinking of Geico, with the little green lizzard. I am with Allstate until I get get the old fart's insurace throuh AARP. I can not wait until that happens because right now I pay more for my bike then my car.

Back