free website stats program How much do you drink and still ride? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How much do you drink and still ride?

How much do you drink and still ride?

• Nothing...just soft drinks!

Votes: 55 54.5%
  • 1 to 2 beer

Votes: 37 36.6%
  • 3 to 4 beer

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Much more!

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something im working on. a riding freind of mine and me are trying to change our habits. alot of weekends we ride to bars to see bands. im trying to tell myself that just because im in a bar i dont have to have a drink in my hand all of the time. drink one or two and ride a couple of hours or have a soda instead. we figure weve been way to lucky for way to long. time to be responsible.

hey you can enjoy the band and stay sober
or just have one beer
when i admitted i had a problem and stopped drinking awhile back
its like life started all over for me i don't have to plan where i ride around who sells beer....

This is something im working on. a riding freind of mine and me are trying to change our habits. alot of weekends we ride to bars to see bands. im trying to tell myself that just because im in a bar i dont have to have a drink in my hand all of the time. drink one or two and ride a couple of hours or have a soda instead. we figure weve been way to lucky for way to long. time to be responsible.
Good choice Rhino. In ones youth the thoughts of being invincible were hand in hand with those drinks.One advantage of getting old is the experience that we have gained through trial and error. Even a thick headed guy like me learned after seeing a few of his friends get killed that time waits for no one so all those drinks are doing is getting you close to the front of the line.

I may have a few beers, BUT only after the bike is locked and tucked away for the night here at the home 20. I made a pack with my wife in 1996 that when I'm on the road, NEVER will I have alcohol until I get home. I've kept that promise all these years. But, when I get home, she'll have a cold one waiting for me and sometimes a cigar ready to go. She's awesome!
Ugly John

1+ for the cigar, but with a small glass of port to "sweeten' the taste a bit..." once the bike is tucked in! :newsmile090:

Once in a great while one...maaaaybe two.

But normally iced tea when it's hot and coffee when its cold.

I no longer drink and drive....I never did on a bike...but used to in the cage. Alcohol and driving anything don't mix. Too many lives lost or maimed because of drunk (or I only had a cpl officer) drivers. I work in law enforcement and can't believe how many dwi's people are arrested for and they are still "legally" allowed to drive. I've seen a few that have had over 5 or 6 DWI's and for the life of me I don't know why they are still allowed to drive at all.

44 yrs old. Never been arrested and I plan to keep it that way.:newsmile090:

Haven't gotten a ticket in quite a while but when I have I've been in my car. I'm a road guy and sometimes I've broken a couple speeding laws on the interstate. :bigsmiley30:

If I'm going to be off the bike at a stop for a least an hour, I may have a beer, max 1 per day; otherwise is soft drinks for me. However, I have seen many bikers drink alcohol regularly and ride--probably a disaster waiting to happen

I stopped drinking about 15 years ago, but when I was drinking, I never rode my motorcycle. Also, as a point of interest, in my state (NJ) it is against the law for passengers on a motorcycle to have one too many .

Hi
I got disqualified from riding/driving in my teens, was not drink related but taught me a lesson,i like a drink,but dont mix alcohol with me wheels.
Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back