free website stats program How many with a new HD Trike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many with a new HD Trike

Hey zoood, let's have a close-up of that cover. Looks like what I need for my fender. I'm so short legged, I keep kicking the fender when I get off the trike. That one part of the fender has to have at least five times as much wax as the rest.

go back to my original post. I added a link to a larger view

This neat little clip makes the process look like something new!

My Aunt Evelyn had all her living room furniture covered like this back in the early 60's when I was a kid! :D

Holy cow, you got a good memory Rich...I did not know thay came out with Scotch Guard "spray sealant like hair spray only unscented" that far back... comes to mind the movie the "Graduate" ..."-- just one word...PLASTIC...!" :newsmile100:

Hey zoood, let's have a close-up of that cover. Looks like what I need for my fender. I'm so short legged, I keep kicking the fender when I get off the trike. That one part of the fender has to have at least five times as much wax as the rest.

How far up the fender does your foot come in contact when dismounting? Give me an idea. Measure from base of fender up.

RJ/zoood

My foot hits it about 16 inches up from the front of the fender. You would think that after 950 miles one would get used to it. At the 1000 service I'm going stage one, at least it will sound like a harley then.

My foot hits it about 16 inches up from the front of the fender. You would think that after 950 miles one would get used to it. At the 1000 service I'm going stage one, at least it will sound like a harley then.

When you dismount. Are you standing on your floor board or have your foot planted on the ground? I'm trying to paint a visual in my minds eye. Instead of making an idea that "one size works for all" I'm looking more at a variety for the individual to choose from.

RJ

My foot is on the ground. It just doesn't seem right to stand on the footboard. Maybe I'll try that and see what happens.

My foot is on the ground. It just doesn't seem right to stand on the footboard. Maybe I'll try that and see what happens.

I know what you mean. While building my Trike. I had to back it off my lift. So that I could turn my handlebars to the left to keep brake fluid res. level when I bled my front brakes. Since I rode 2 wheelers all the time before. I had both of my feet planted on the lift surface. When backing. It started to roll. I hit the front brakes and there wasnt any. now my new build was rolling backwards!!! I kept my left foot down so it wouldnt tip , while hitting the brake pedal with my right foot and then it dawned on me that it's a trike! It's not gonna fall over or tip. There's allot of simple old habits we have to learn to change or modify.

RJ

I know what you mean. Coming to a stop sign and putting my foot down, that was hard to stop doing. I just hope I don't do the opposide on my FatBob. I've seen that happen.

I had an 09 Ultra Classic when I had 4 heart attacks and open heart surgery in 2010. After recovery, I was unable to hold my bike up at intersections on gravel or sand - the old legs let me down. I had two choices, buy a Trike, or quit riding. NEVER a thought about it...went right up to Macon HD and traded for a Trike. One of the best things I've ever bought. We love it. The only thing I've done to it is to install a leveling kit in the rear-improved handling and easier steering in corners. Will have one more before I get planted....the white one with bright blue trim is just tooooo pretty. Got to have one.

I had an 09 Ultra Classic when I had 4 heart attacks and open heart surgery in 2010. After recovery, I was unable to hold my bike up at intersections on gravel or sand - the old legs let me down. I had two choices, buy a Trike, or quit riding. NEVER a thought about it...went right up to Macon HD and traded for a Trike. One of the best things I've ever bought. We love it. The only thing I've done to it is to install a leveling kit in the rear-improved handling and easier steering in corners. Will have one more before I get planted....the white one with bright blue trim is just tooooo pretty. Got to have one.
I bought a new 2015 HD Freewheeler back in March. Had a street glide before but due to lower back problems traded up to the trike. I've put a couple thousand miles on so far and love it. I just stand on the foot pad and mount like it was a horse and never hit the finder. I would like to check out the 3m protection due to rock chips that may happen. This trike rides and runs great. I have had no problems. In the rain, it will hydroplane a little but if you just slow down, it handles good.

Back