free website stats program How many owers?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many owers??

That 's interesting how it went fro NJ to PA and back to Jersey. I would need lots more info on this bike before considering it. That's how damaged or sometimes salvaged vehicles are laundered to not show damaged on the title. May not be the case here, but always a possibility.

That's a good point but I can name 3 dealers right off the top of my head who are within 1-5 miles of the Delaware River and service both states(NJ and PA)on a regular basis

17,000 miles in 9 years.....1,800 miles a year??? Verify the 'pink slip' isn't a Salvage, or the bike isn't a 'special construction'. It is very possible a lot of people bought a Harley during their 'second childhood', it scared the(EDIT out of them and sat in their garage. In reality, the bike would only have been for service 4 times since new, so there may not be a lot of service records available on it. Any one of the 4 could have been a 'dooit yourselfer'. 2000 year Harleys only had a 1 year warranty.

Good Luck, you may have found a diamond in the ruff, or could be the 5th owner selling it.

Please read this...
[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you buying this used from an ad -- or used from the dealer?

The dealer will do a multi-point check before it goes out on the floor. You could always take it to your mechanic for a once-over if you are uncomfortable with it.

From the subject on your thread, "How many owers", I thought I could throw my hat in the ring as an "ower"...

That's a good point but I can name 3 dealers right off the top of my head who are within 1-5 miles of the Delaware River and service both states(NJ and PA)on a regular basis

I would steer clear of this bike.That many owners in that short a time.Who of any of the owners ever owned it long enough to check anything?Its not about proximity, its about dilligence.In this case there is no reason to believe there ever was any with this scoot.Sorry, thats 1 too many guys who never checked a bolt for me.

Back