free website stats program How many owers?? | Harley Davidson Forums

How many owers??

70IronHead

How many previous bike owners would make you suspicious to buy that bike? I have my eye on a RoadKing and I would be the 5th owner. The model year is 2000.

5 would for sure do it for me in that short amount of time.. see what dealer can tell you about it and ask for a print out

Most likely you won't be able to get previous owner information to be able to talk to them but you could take the vin # to the dealer to have a history report on service and warranty repairs. How many miles are on the this bike? Is it a priv. seller or dealer sale. Could be prev. owners didn't ride much, couldn't pay for it, or the better half didn't feel safe on it. Lots of reasons as well a it may be a lemmon. Research, get a car fax done, but remember that inf. will be ins. related and not normal repair, look at the answers, good luck.

Guys, Thanks for the quick response.

The bike has 17,000 miles.

1st owner in South Jersey, two years later the 2nd owner was in PA, then two years later the 3rd owner was in Central Jersey and the 4th owner I am buying from is in Central Jersey.

A conversation on Friday led me to believe a full service was done last October. BTW the bike looks immaculate and well care for, just like I would keep it.

I called the local dealer today and got the parts guy. He ran the VIN and only found a service ticket from 07. Nothing since then. When I mentioned the owners name the parts guy perked up and said " Steve is in here all the time buying stuff".

I thought all service work was in a central database some where but I guess not.

Also, the present owner said he always wanted a Harley and found this one.

I am still at a loss and will try other dealers on Monday to see if they have more info.

I don't think car fax works for a bike

Last edited by a moderator:
1st owner in South Jersey, two years later the 2nd owner was in PA, then two years later the 3rd owner was in Central Jersey and the 4th owner I am buying from is in Central Jersey.

That 's interesting how it went fro NJ to PA and back to Jersey. I would need lots more info on this bike before considering it. That's how damaged or sometimes salvaged vehicles are laundered to not show damaged on the title. May not be the case here, but always a possibility.

Guys, Thanks for the quick response.

The bike has 17,000 miles.

A conversation on Friday led me to believe a full service was done last October. BTW the bike looks immaculate and well care for, just like I would keep it.

I called the local dealer today and got the parts guy. He ran the VIN and only found a service ticket from 07. Nothing since then. When I mentioned the owners name the parts guy perked up and said " Steve is in here all the time buying stuff".

I thought all service work was in a central database some where but I guess not.

Also, the present owner said he always wanted a Harley and found this one.

I am still at a loss and will try other dealers on Monday to see if they have more info.

I don't think car fax works for a bike

could be work was not done at dealership no record then

Looks like the car fax search is a no go

The CARFAX Database contains over 6 billion records from over 20,000 data sources concerning cars and light trucks manufactured for the North American market since 1981. We're unable to produce reports on other vehicles at this time.

On rare occasion, we will have random records in our database for non-covered vehicles. This is only due to the fact that some of our data sources provide these records electronically and our systems will display these records because they have a valid 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number.

We are not aware of any source of vehicle history for any motor vehicles other than cars and light trucks however, you may wish to try and contact the DMV where the vehicle is currently or was last registered for more information.

Back