free website stats program How many miles is too much? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many miles is too much?

You might want to look into the Harley extended warranty. For some here on the forum it has really paid off.

Sorry got distracted when I made the post and forgot more info.
Bike is actually a tri glide, don't know the year yet think it is an '11.

You are probably NOT going to be buying a bunch of problems with a Triglide. Most folks don't ride those like they stole them. I would look for the obvious stuff (right VIN, no oil leaks, no signs of damage / crash, etc.). Then if the price is right and it rides well, you are probably good to go.

Make sure you check the condition of the tires and the brake pads. Both are wear items, but good to know what shape those are in when considering the price.

Cheers,

TQ

I've put a couple hundred miles on it since It arrived. Gotta say I like the ride. These babies are no slouches in the twistys that is for sure.

First post, but man i love this topic! I honestly don't think that 25k miles is too much at all. Honestly depends on the year. I wouldn't mind getting a good deal on a higher mileage bike at all. Personally, I think the bikes are good to almost 50k. As long as it still runs good... mechanic checks it out.. whats the problem right?

First post, but man i love this topic! I honestly don't think that 25k miles is too much at all. Honestly depends on the year. I wouldn't mind getting a good deal on a higher mileage bike at all. Personally, I think the bikes are good to almost 50k. As long as it still runs good... mechanic checks it out.. whats the problem right?

Do you have a Harley???? Your profiles says Dyna models but your main ride is a BMW.....:eam

Back