free website stats program How Long? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Long?

I am the kind of person that will keep anything just as long as I get good service out of it. I don't change just because I like something else because. But its a choice. I have a friend that has had ten bikes in the last few yrs and is always changing.

As this is my first HD, I don't know how long I will hang on to it. Never thought about trading it in or selling it. I have 30K on the 2007, I guess I will have a better idea when the miles get higher and something goes in the motor or trans and I have to get it repaired.

I know it is a bit of a dream, but I always envisioned just getting another one and keeping the "old one" until I have a stable full of them...

Bought the first Harley in 1965 when I was 18. I'm now on numbers 4 and 5, both '08's. These will probably last me. Between the two of them, I've put on 47K in the last 2 years. Good thing they don't wear out fast.

I keep a bike approximately 5 to 10 years. The mileage varies greatly based on what type of bike it is, off road, or street bike. But assuming you are looking for street bike mileage, I usually run about 7k per year.

The one i have now i just bought last year . I plan on keeping it a long time . But demo days are next week end hear so you never know what could happen .

I had a motto guzzi le mans for 10 years wife sold it when i was away on a course with the british army or i would probobally still have it
have had sportster for 5 years softail nearly three and dyna 2 years as each is a running project i dont see any of them going in the next couple of years
however i do have space in the back shed for another bike if i stumble on the right one

Brian

My main reason for the question, I guess, was seeing if the "economy" is affecting your bike buying/trading.

just sold the sporty It was a 02 1200 custom, got it new, Just got a new 2010 super glide custom, vivid black ,Hope to keep this a few years, But you never know. slimj

I bought my 03 Flht new. Have thought about selling it a few times. But every time I go for a ride I ask myself "Why do I want to sell this bike" can't come up with a good reason so I repaint it, which makes it like a new bike, and ride on. Have saved thousands of dollars doing this :D

Back