free website stats program how long till snow any bets on how much more riding time we got | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

how long till snow any bets on how much more riding time we got

Well, I think today was the last day into work :( Here in PA/NJ it has been pretty good, but this morning had me frozen by the time I got here. Once I got the computer up it said it was 34 here, not sure what it was when I started, but I know it was cold. Just hit 5k on the odometer so the timing is right anyway. I will regretfully hang up my gloves and helmet for now. Just have to change the oil over (switching to Mobil 1 now), and give the bike a final wash for 2008.

Now I am with the others for moving South to get some more riding time. :D

We had some snow in the foothills but the roads down here are still clear to ride on. All we have to worry about for a little while are the cold temps.

I live between Austin & San Antonio. I get about 360 days of riding. Winter here is only a week long. If it snows a little wait a few minutes and it will be gone.:57:

I live between Austin & San Antonio. I get about 360 days of riding. Winter here is only a week long. If it snows a little wait a few minutes and it will be gone.:57:

Don't I wish I was in San Antonio right now!! Love that town. Miss Tx. a lot.

Hey for all of you that don't want the snow send it my way!!!!! My first lifelong passion is for skiing and snowboarding. Even a Harley can't quite compare to that rush. I have been doing it all my life and really miss it all summer (the bike actually keeps my mind off of skiing) I was a ski and snowboard instructor for 6 years and while the financial aspect of the career sucks royally, the fun factor does make up for it. I was a total ski bum for a long time. I slept on lodge tables from time to time to get first tracks spent a few nights in parking lots freezing my butt off in my old 94 blazer!!! You should see the looks from the weekend warriors when you crawl out of your truck, throw the 80 below sleeping bag back in the truck and put your boots on! We don't get the snow like the guys out west do, you really gotta trust the weatherman and what you know about your home mountain. I can't wait till the first snow here. Yeah I gotta put the bike away for the winter and whathaveyou, but it's ok, I have something to do all winter. I am looking forward to this winter especially because I think I will be able to sign on to a ski school again after a 3 winter hiatus. I hate buying lift tickets, I'd rather work at a mountain and teach kiddies how to snowplow than plunk down $50 to ski for 8 hours. In fact I'm gonna call my dad and see if he wants to do a New Hampshire ski trip this winter (seriously no offense to the Vermonters on the forum, but your state gets all the publicity about skiing, you have the green mountains, NH has the WHITE mountains that is where to go as far as new england skiing) So yeah ok I'm calling the old man and getting out the ski wax!!!! Send all your bad snow ju-ju my way I'll take it in 2 foot dumps all day long all winter long!!! I want 20 feet of winter to shovel!! Thank god for 4 wheel drives and chairlifts!!! Prayin for freshies every week day of the winter, I wanna wake up to having to dig out my truck every week day!! I don't ski on the weekends, too many drunken fools that think they know what they are doing out there (sound familiar?)

Ok done with the snow rant, do an anti snow dance and maybe it'll come my way when I'm doing my please let it dump two feet overnight dance!!!!

Back