free website stats program How long does a battery last | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How long does a battery last

If you have 7 years, I would replace it now. Why see how long you can go and find yourself in a potentially bad situation? Most average less then 5 years. Consider yourself lucky and replace it. Otherwise you stand the chance of sitting along a roadside waiting for help and thinking, geesh, I got 7 1/2 years out of this battery.......

....please explain your logic, here glider??? :dknow I thought you were the "Tech Wiz" here at HDT, so I'm very keen to hear your "plausable" explanation!!!! :58:

Due to the natural curvature of the road and the fact that harley batteries are made with the positive terminal on the left, the electrolyte will pool around the positive terminal thereby eroding the lead off the plate where the terminal attaches to it and cause it to become detached quicker than driving on the correct side of the road as we do here:D.

And you thought I was kidding!:dknow

Due to the natural curvature of the road and the fact that harley batteries are made with the positive terminal on the left, the electrolyte will pool around the positive terminal thereby eroding the lead off the plate where the terminal attaches to it and cause it to become detached quicker than driving on the correct side of the road as we do here:D.

Let me guess your not a Harley dealer but you did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :D

...come on glider, you can do better than that....surely???????:no...what a load of "drivel", trying to impress all the members here...hahahahahaha...failed again!!!!:D

Next time your hog needs a battery try a glass mat battery. They have higher cca and can last up to 10 years. They discharge at a much lower rate than a lead acid battery and only cost a few dollars more. You can get them at Meijers for around $60.00. Just my 2 cents worth.

Back