free website stats program How heavy? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How heavy?

I went from riding low riders to a 03 road king classic 5 years ago,was a little leary to begin with but after a couple of hours I started to feel comfortable. The steering was the biggest difference. I ride a 07 ultra classic now and have no problems at all. Take your time and dont do anything stupid. O ya I'm 5'7and 170lbs.

I started on heavyweight bikes then went to crotch rockets then took a break and my first bike back is an FLHT...Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Go for it!!!

:bigsmiley32:

You won't notice the weight because the Harleys are balanced. My last bike was a Kawasaki Nomad that was so top heavy I felt like I was constantly fighting it at low speeds. I thought I was getting old and weak. Then I rode a FLHTC and realised that the problem wasn't me. I traded that Kaw POS in on the Harley and have been glad I did.

I went from riding low riders to a 03 road king classic 5 years ago,was a little leary to begin with but after a couple of hours I started to feel comfortable. The steering was the biggest difference. I ride a 07 ultra classic now and have no problems at all. Take your time and dont do anything stupid. O ya I'm 5'7and 170lbs.

I went from a 87 FXRC to a 07 U.C. --- 185/190 lbs. 5'7 -- no problems now, did have to get the feel for it at first.

All the touring bikes are pretty comparable as far as weight goes, it,s were the weight is that really counts. I know from experience that a Yamaha venture is a lot more top heavy than a Harley Ultra. Much easier to control a harley try em all, I find harley easiest then goldwing followed by Yammi venture. Hope this helps.

Hey Bro ! Im 5'6 and a very short stub or leg what ever you want to call them but i came from a 883R sporty and mine weighs 785 lbs. Road Glide and It is so easy to ride and handle. Acually im on my toes even after lowering but i just plain my parking.
I will never go back to the sporty after riding this bike.Cant believe i didnt buy one the first round and i would have saved alot of money.
My neighbor is 72 Years old and rides a Ultra with no problem and he only weighs 155 lbs.
Go for it bro you will not regret it

I'm sitting dry at 740 lbs, with us two riders, saddle bags full and a large tour pack I gross out at about 1240. That is close to max as per the book. Handling at low speeds in parking lots or sharp turns is a little tricky but highway is a breeze.

i have always ridden heavy weight bikes i e Vstars and the likes, bought a 2006 xl1200c and loved it, at the same time bought a FZ6N and OMG the weight difference was incredible felt like i could pick the FZ up and carry it around, they both went as trade in against a 08 heritage now thats a lump and half especially when you have to pick it up :bigsmiley15:i now have a 04 883 and the heritage and although the heritage is heavier it is better balanced and more confident in the corners

Hobbit, with all your new iron, I guess the question is which one do you ride the most? :newsmile071:

The heavyweight Harleys are so well balanced you'll be surprised how easy they are to ride. Get on one and ride it like the bike you have. I'll bet it handles better than what you have. Had an "04 Road King, Moved to an '07 Ultra (easier to ride than my Road King), and have added an "08 Fat Bob (feels like a featherweight in comparison). Still put more miles on the Ultra, It's a Caddilac and the Bob is a sports car. I crack up when I hear sporty riders that are wondering if "moving up" to a Dyna will be too much for them. Go for it. You won't be sorry.

Back