free website stats program How do you handle travel expenses ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do you handle travel expenses ?

We pool our money; to be honest I don't even know how much she makes. She pays all the bills at home and she makes the food and hotel decisions while traveling. I am normally the one that carries the hard cash while on the road.

Wife stays at home when I go on a bike trip so only me to blame for bad purchasing decisions, bad planning and getting lost etc etc.

For example if it’s my day then I pay for everything. She never touches her wallet. It costs me twice as much but I get to make all the decisions and she is not allowed to complain about anything but is free to just relax and enjoy the ride.
However tomorrow is her day and she pays for everything but I can’t complain about anything.

After almost 28 years of marriage, a little discussion and go for it. We do decide before a trip how much we'll spend but we're pretty well matched so we don't have any complaining on either side. I'm think pretty lucky!

I was married for 25 years the first time and still would be if she didn't leave me and our 4 children for someone else. She never worked until the kids were all in their teens and then only so she could pursue her hobbies. My new wife was burned by her ex in a similar fashion and will never completely trust her economic future to anyone including myself. If I had to suffer for 25 years to meet her then it’s been worth it. I hope this helps to explain our unique financial arrangement.

For the circumstance you have, sounds like you guys have worked out a good plan. Just keep going and having fun.

Amen to the solo pot! This works well when we do anything. I never see my check as it goes right to the bank. My wife is the saver (accountant) and quite honestly, I don't know where I'd be right now without her! When we travel, every detail is researched, discussed and researched some more so there is no question where we're staying and how much it'll cost. It definitely takes the discussion of money and throws it out the window.

Back