free website stats program How did this happen to me ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How did this happen to me ?

Wife talked me into buying a bike about 9 yrs ago id been bikeless for a few years shed sold my le mans when i was away on a cours with the army
we were about to go overseas once again but there was plenty of room in my mothers garage

so here i am retired from the army and wife hears of a bmw r100rt up for sale from a friend of mine (was my sniping partner)

bike looking all of its years so a new shed and three winter of hard work and three summer of riding looked like it was only a year old
handled well in the snow

then wife says her friend is selling an old honda 125 in bits would be ideall for daughter who wanted to learn to ride £30 later had a frame and a box of bits
4 months on looking like a bike wife says i fancy learning to ride cos that looks like itll be nice when finished
bought her a cbt (compulsory basic training) course as birthday present
had hoped to get mot (ministry of transport road worthyness test) done on the same day as cbt but dvla (driver and vehicle licencing agency) had lost the documents for the bike
2 weeks later docs in hand booking done me on bmw wife on 125 went to nearest bike shop for test (30 miles)
saw really cute looking bike at bike shop went back and bought it 2 days later
wife had a quick go on it and said when she passes her test shed have the harley and i could have the bmw
took 2 months to find another sportster i could afford
shed was bursting had to get another
the story goes on and on now got softail custom dyna wide glide and origional sportster need to get rid of the honda might be able to squeeze another sportster into that space

who was conned here ?

Brian

A word from the wise. Just don't call your new ride BABY. They do get jealous. I own a 08 FatBob, so I call her a him. Bob. I was calling her Bobby, but that wasn't going over to well. So, to keep piece, my new ride is a he.

Bob or Bobbie, as long as it works, I just hope you have room on the back for her, ya gotta keep the missus happy...:newsmile064:

And no matter what, once you have iron, the smiles per mile will trump the cost every time you swing a leg over uh-hum "him...?':D

Nah...he went along with it the whole time...wasn't there a thread about Wisconsin gals...I think she musta been from there in some other life...

Most wives will let us do whatever we want.They just like to make us jump through hoops.It shows you who runs the world!

Nice bike.Not sure I woulda gone with the fuel efficiency as a selling point though.Now you'll need to create some magic to convince her to let you get new pipes.

Richness comes from diversity.
She keeps quoting "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" to me. I keep quoting "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" to her. Neither of us has a clue what the other is on about but we love each other and are very happy - and I love the scoot. So it's win-win-v-twin. :rofl

This is going to sound bad but I have never told my wife about any of the bikes I have bought. She only found out about the Harley when she caught me trying to push it, quietly, up the driveway into my workshop. I'd cut the engine about half a block away and as I neared my workshop door I could feel her eyes burning into the back of my head, so I turned around and there she was.... How did she know?
This subject could be the making of a good thread!:D

Back