free website stats program How can they get more than MSRP? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How can they get more than MSRP?

Chopper, how do you really feel??? hahahahahhaha

Those corporate "boneheads" not only work for HD, they're everywhere.

I have been a manager and a supervisor for many years and have taken my share of classes too. I still have a lot to learn at 58. I have never been to a class where they tell supervisors to act like boneheads (or jerks - I hope that's not too offensive and I get spanked), yet there are a ton of 'em at every job. I work very hard at being a good manager and leader and get way more work, loyalty, friendship, and satisfaction from my peeps than most of the other managers but they don't get it, don't care, and probably never will.

Oh well, that's why we have to vote with our wallets and only shop where they treat us fairly and with respect. Hey, maybe we could call that "great customer service". What a novel idea...

Oh yeah, life is too short to work at a place that's run by idiots. Even in a crumby economy.

Was I P.C. enough?

when the destroyers first came out,this dealer in Fla. thought he was doing racers a real favor,he had a raffle,3 winners got a chance to buy one @ msrp!gee thanks!! wonder what the others were paying!!

I just called my dealer for service manuals for my wifes 1200 Custom and my Street Glide. $60.95 That's more than the factory MSRP! Not much but nonetheless, more. Sorry but I had to spout off about this! Can't anyone give a little break? Time to look elswhere. I hear Zanotti mail order is pretty good!

Zanotti, and Chicago HD have been good, for me....

I went into the Raleigh HD dealership.
While BS-ing with a friend, I casually asked the counter person, if they had the HD mirror extenders ($29.95),
They did, and he brought them out.
I handed my card over, and went back to talking with my buddy.
Parts guy, hands me a bill for $35.99 plus tax. I asked why it was $6 over MSRP.
He offered to take them back... but I declined, and told him, when I bad mouthed them... I'd have evidence

Quite simply because "they can" and epecially if they have buyers who purchase them. Buying something is after all at least half emotion and half reactive response reaching for ones wallet. Don't do it and the retailer will get the message if the inventory does not move.

There are many ways to rip ya off and this ain't there first rodeo as they say.

YEP,,,, reading POST HERE reminded of when I bot MY 1997 FXDS......
IT was out early , right before Sturgis,,, by 6 days and WAS THAT NOT THE TIME HD HAD A SHORTAGE ON BIKES?????

If memory serves me right.....
I looked at that bike and asked price W$O$W$,,,,, OUT THE DOOR PRICE,,,,, I argued that the MSRP should be used,,, The sales MANAGER said:"""either you want it or not..... It will be sold tomorrow if you don't want it today!"""

WAY TOO MUCH but I HEARD of "HOW DIFFICULT" it was to get the HD bikes,,, so I said OKAY,,, that bike cost me $$19,031 OTD ,,,, YES a 97 FXDS....

IF you could get your name on one,,,,YOU paid WAY OVER MSRP.....

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED........

signed....BUBBIE

The old saying is you charge what the traffic can bear. Well the truth is there isn't much traffic anymore.

Try dealing with the canadian dictatorship, Deelys, we have to go to the US for everthing and pay the extra shipping to boot! Still way cheaper.

YEP,,,, reading POST HERE reminded of when I bot MY 1997 FXDS......
IT was out early , right before Sturgis,,, by 6 days and WAS THAT NOT THE TIME HD HAD A SHORTAGE ON BIKES?????

If memory serves me right.....
I looked at that bike and asked price W$O$W$,,,,, OUT THE DOOR PRICE,,,,, I argued that the MSRP should be used,,, The sales MANAGER said:"""either you want it or not..... It will be sold tomorrow if you don't want it today!"""

WAY TOO MUCH but I HEARD of "HOW DIFFICULT" it was to get the HD bikes,,, so I said OKAY,,, that bike cost me $$19,031 OTD ,,,, YES a 97 FXDS....

IF you could get your name on one,,,,YOU paid WAY OVER MSRP.....

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED........

signed....BUBBIE

And remember when there was a waiting list and the stealers were taking down payments on bikes they could not deliver,Jack

A friend of mine had the same experience while shopping for a new bike two years ago. The dealer got plain rude when my friend asked what the real price was for the bike.Told him the price was on the tag and if he didn't want it somebody else would then turned and walked away.He went to another dealer , 50 miles further down the road ,and got one and they gave him several accessories in the deal.Sometimes it pays to shop around.

Back