free website stats program How can they get more than MSRP? | Harley Davidson Forums

How can they get more than MSRP?

EnjoyingTheRyde

I just called my dealer for service manuals for my wifes 1200 Custom and my Street Glide. $60.95 That's more than the factory MSRP! Not much but nonetheless, more. Sorry but I had to spout off about this! Can't anyone give a little break? Time to look elswhere. I hear Zanotti mail order is pretty good!

I agree with you MaineStreetGlide, there a lot of the dealerships pulling fast ones. I not naming names but the one I used to work for here in Pocatello Idaho that's has the same owners as the one's in Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, Jackson Hole WY, Mesa Az and now Reno NV. The dealers can charge what ever prices they want, they do not have to charge msrp, there is no law against it, so they add a % on hard parts, the parts customers have no way of knowing usually, most customers never know, I didn't know and I was working there, untill I started getting flack from ESP when my prices did not match there price books, then I would give a estimate to a insurance company for repairs and before I had the job done the RO went up in price, sometime by a fifty bucks or more, so the only right thing to do was, I changed the prices back to my original quote which is probably one of the many reasons I'm not employed there anymore. The dealeships are being bought up by a bunch of corporate yuppie scum that have never ridden a Harley and can only see a guaranteed return on their investment, way too much & way too fast. Come on, every business has to make a profit, and they do, but it's how they make it that bothers me so much.
I just had to spout off a little too, I feel better now, Not.

Mainstreetglide; Remember that 'stealer' the next time you have a CHOICE of where to purchase something that he has.

I just called my dealer for service manuals for my wifes 1200 Custom and my Street Glide. $60.95 That's more than the factory MSRP! Not much but nonetheless, more. Sorry but I had to spout off about this! Can't anyone give a little break? Time to look elswhere. I hear Zanotti mail order is pretty good!

Ya MSG, I use Zanotti's after Big Moose HD charged me 98.95 for a headlight that was in the HD acc book for 89.95. Zanotti's has done well by me as well as 20% off is a big plus. Are you dealing with North Country or Bangor?

Kind of makes you wonder how many they want to sell! :newsmile093: Call one of the discount dealers. 20% off every day. I always call Jenni @ Tri-County. She's a real stand-up gal!

Tri County H-D really has their act together, Jenni is awesome, and Wayne in service is top notch! They guys at the parts conter are good too, but I don't remeber thier name.
You can go to their web site and Jenni will email you a quote on whatever you need.

Fairfield, Ohio, Harley-Davidson, Motorcycle, Dealer, Used, Parts, Acccessories, Apparel

And another plug for Jenni at Tri-County. :)

Zanotti's will allways be #1 for me on parts, the manual is $45.50 from them plus shipping, the key with them is to buy a few things at a time as initial shipping will allways be 10 to 15 bucks.

Back