free website stats program Houston, We Might Have A Problem.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Houston, We Might Have A Problem....

As I'm the only one in my house that does the mechanical work then i get to work on all 3 bikes on my own
and whenever i have spent money on a bike i always tell her that her bike needed the parts (usually thats the truth)

Brian

At least you know the work is top notch when it is done and your Mrs. does not have to worry along the road:s

Jack, if things were simple, life might get boring....hmm, I'd like to try simple for a while. :D

Brian, my husband has the opposite problem of most men, it's him wanting to keep me out of the bike shops and gun shops.....but, my argument is that I'm just trying to do my part to help the economy. :D It's my job! :p

One day ill get to see a harley dealer and have a look at all the bikes and stuff that they have
i know the wife has been to a few and has told me about them but i dont get that far south very often and usually im in a hurry to get back north again

Brian

Okay everyone, it may not be that bad, it may only cost us $15-18K to remedy the situation.

Here's the problem: I rode 'his' bike yesterday. :D He said I could I promise. :lero

Seriously, he told me that I should take his bike out a bit this year since he can't, but I just haven't had much time to ride either bike.

Next thing I know I am thinking 'This bike is pretty comfy' as I lean back on the back rest.

He always said that there was a pattern that after I rode his bike he was always looking for a new one. :D He may be right, but this time I may let him keep his bike & I'll be shopping. :s

Brian, my husband has the opposite problem of most men, it's him wanting to keep me out of the bike shops and gun shops.....but, my argument is that I'm just trying to do my part to help the economy. :D It's my job! :p

He really stepped in it this time, didn't he!!:lolrolling:lolrolling

Hmmm, Oldhippie, that may be a solution. I take his bike and change it the way I would want it and he could change mine to what he would like then trade back after a couple of years and start over again. :D

Ahh, but that wouldn't work either because he likes all of the 'comforts' on his bike mainly due to a leg an back injury. :s

Did I mention I could get by with a much shorter windshield?? :bigsmiley22:

Joy, take it from someone with some years and miles on them. Life is a very short proposition. If it doesn't put you and your husband in a financial bind, you need to do the things that make you happy. I personally don't want my tombstone to read, Here lies Don, he was practicle and didn't buy that Harley he wanted. He got this tombstone instead.
P.S. If you get to trying bikes you really need to try a RG!!!

Hmm I have read every post and the first one still has my attention.
15-18k to remedy.You plan on keeping the deuce as well don't you?? :lolrolling

great point!!! i think we all would. after all you must to have 2 that way you always have a cleaner one to ride.

Oh Joy, I new this would happen sooner or later.....LOL
Road Kings are sweet, but dont have tunes...
You would look good on a street glide, since its already a bit lower. You need to check mine out too since I have the shorter shield on it, we are about the same height, and my highway pegs are set back closer.
I can feel a ride coming on shortly, maybe one night next week. This week is shot.
By the way, things still "cool" over there?

I'm trying to work the deuce as a keeper. :D I don't see that happening, we are running out of garage space. :D

Don, the new bike will probably come next year if we are still in the states. I held off this year with the tease of an early retirement so to speak for next year in Fiji or somewhere. However, unless things change for the company he is working for, it looks like I will still be here next year, so, I have to be ready to jump. :lolrolling My poor husband....

Trust me, I still love that deuce, I looked like this :D all the way down the road today. :D

Back