free website stats program Honestly, I'm a Bit Disappointed With Stage I | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Honestly, I'm a Bit Disappointed With Stage I

I am quite happy with how my scoot responded to doing the stage one but have to admit that I have brand new a set of SE255's in the garage that have been sitting there to long and are now screaming at me "what are you waiting for"?

Guess I will be ordering the necessary parts tomorrow to finish the job and see first hand the difference the cams will make.

Thanks guys, I think! LOL

Steve, Do you have a parts list for this? I am going to do this soon. Was leaning towards the SE255 or Andrews 26H. I just don't want to be halfway through the job and then find I'm missing something and the bike be down for a week waiting on a $2.00 gasket! Or worse pay $15.00 shipping on a $2.00 gasket. Also how will a TFI work with this setup?

2008 Touring TBW 1584cc does have a "soft Acceleration" map or as Delphi calls it a "Throttle Progressivity" map.

With your twist grip at 100% the following is true:

1000 RPM your Butterfly is 23% opened
1250 28.5%
1500 39%
1750 54%
2000 69%
2500 99%

I wish I knew what was happening from 2000 RPM to 2500 RPM but it does not say. I would guess it is a linear curve meaning at 2250 you have ~85% of butterfly.(?)

Those values can be changed to a max value of 99% in all cells (64 total). I am sure the dealer will have reasons why you should not change them. It's all up to you. Maybe leave everything alone up to 2000 RPM and then go 99% in all 8 cells of 2000 RPM. This way up to 2000 you won't be able to lug the engine but at 2K you will have 99% of available power.

Why in the world harley not allow u to have full throttle..

Why in the world harley not allow u to have full throttle..

In order not to "let" you lug the engine even if you wanted to. A simple no cost software patch eliminates having to teach every new rider how & when to shift a bike.

It's also meant as a preventive measure to keep things like twisted cranks from happening too. If you can't apply full throttle, it's a bit more difficult to twist a crank. I'm sure the EPA figures in there too.

I didn't get a big increase in power either but I wasn't expecting it. Runs much better and cooler though and I'm glad I did it.

This sums up my feelings about my Stg 1 upgrade (K&N A/C kit, Dobeck TFI and Rush slip-ons). I was expecting a "new bike" result and when I didn't get it I was a bit disappointed. However after reading this thread it seems that that is the general result. I do notice that it's smoother and I can hear it breathing so I know it must be good. I did the work myself and got a good deal on the parts so it's a positive thing. Maybe a little tweaking on the pots is in order, otherwise, guess i'll start researching stg II

I didn't like the Stage 1 results I got on my 2001 Heritage Softail. With my 2004 Ultra, I went with the 95" build, SE air filter, Rinehart True Duals, and PowerCommander III USB. I've been VERY happy with that setup!

Back