free website stats program Homemade Breakout Box | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Homemade Breakout Box

Does anyone have the layouts for the adapters?

not sure exactly what you mean but...

Lets say that your making a 3 pin weather pack adapter. Pin 1 goes to Pin 1,,, Pin 2 goes to Pin2,,, Pin 3 goes to Pin 3.

That holds true for any adapter when used on a break-out box. It's always pin to corresponding pin.

Any chance you could tell me just what connector is on each end of each adapter? Did you just go through multiple service manuals to figure it out? Or did you find a list? I would appreciate it. I managed to acquire one of these breakout boxes and want to build the adapters but am not sure what all they are for. I also have a kent moore J39700 GM universal breakout box I am hoping to adapt to work on the packard 36 pin connectors for the ECM but have not found the connectors yet.

None of the connectors look like the one on my speedo. It is an 06 sportster.
Does any body know what type that one is?

Thanks

None of the connectors look like the one on my speedo. It is an 06 sportster.
Does any body know what type that one is?

Thanks

Possible reason: To tap the wires going to the speedo, most likely you need to use a upstream connector (closer to ECM) from the actual speedo connector. Usually the connector mounted on end devices are not used for "breaking out"

Harley diagnostics say to connect breakout box to speedo connector 39 b which is next to the speedo. Harley has an adapter to do it. HD-4661 is their part number for it.

Harley diagnostics say to connect breakout box to speedo connector 39 b which is next to the speedo. Harley has an adapter to do it. HD-4661 is their part number for it.

I see what you mean. One side looks like Delphi Weather pack (micro?) and the other side looks like AMP multi-lock. It is hard to tell since the picture in the SPX catalog is not very clear.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.

Nice job I glad to see someone use the Info that I posted. Looks good. If you need the Labels send me a message and I will send you some. I have extras.

Thanks to you Im building a tssm breakout box
I thank you for the post but am wondering....

if I want to make an adapter then for a different connector( say a 4 pin), I will make up two cables? one end of each with the 4pin connector and the other ends with the 12pin deutsch to connect to my new box?

Thanks again

Thanks to VTbikers! !

To answer your question, I would make the adapters fit the "smallest" plug coming out of the box. You could use the 12-pin connector, but it costs more if you have to purchase it and it is bulkier.

Swyped from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

Back