free website stats program Homemade Breakout Box | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Homemade Breakout Box

This is a great post and the only one I could find on making a breakout box, thank you!
I have some electrical work to do on my 07 Ultra Classic, so thought this would be a good time to get this done.

Started making my Bill of Material List to purchase, and got stopped at finding the connectors to make what HD calls their Instrument Adapter Harnesses, HD-46601. You know the connection on the back of the speedometer? Sure I can purchase HD parts for the plug, but cannot find anything on the mating side (speedometer) for a connector.

Any help please, dead in water on this project till I find this connector.

Thanks!

Ps - My HD Electrical Manual does say this connection is a 12-way Packard, but switch Packard Series?

Great write up. Not sure it will work on a 1999, are the connectors the same? I know the principle is the same. Thanks

Toby

Instrument Adapter Harnesses, HD-46601 use these connectors. The male can be obtained from HD, but no one is selling the female.

12 Way Black Micro 64 Sealed Female Connector Assembly, Part #15401948
12 Way Black Micro 64 Unsealed Male Connector Assembly, Part #15359436
harley davidson/delco paid for tooling.

This project is on hold, without the harnesses, the breakout box is useless

P/N HD42682

Very nice work - Great Thread!
Thank You for the time you invested. It all becomes so clear after seeing and understanding how this works.
Alley

What are the parts needed and soldering instruction for making the adapters that you need 6 pin to 12 pin, 8 pin to 12 pin,
4 pin to 6 pin.
Thanks in advance....

Back