free website stats program Holy smoke | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Holy smoke

Thanks was going to use it not now lol should any injection cleaners be used with bikes with 02 sensors then ?

Shouldn't be a problem with injector cleaners that are available over the counter like Gumout brand.

I would bet that hissing sound is a bad electrical connector that is frying. There is no reason why you should see SMOKE coming from the air cleaner area.

One way of telling, pull the fuse for the fuel pump and see if you still hear the noise. I think the "smoke" is atomized fuel from the injector.

I may be reading too deep into Kardar's post. I was thinking the same thing about the "smoke" being atomized fuel from the injector. But when you read the post it said "around the area of the air cleaner" & not "from the air cleaner" so I went with the frying connector. Your right, if the smoke came FROM the air cleaner I would say it was atomized gas. "Around" the air cleaner is something else..

I wonder if you were to hot wire an injector to spray, you would hear it hiss from outside the engine.?? Only a guess, because I never tried it.
I have hot wired injectors in cars to spray and you could not hear any hiss
from outside the engine.. HD may be different.

Last edited:
should any injection cleaners be used with bikes with 02 sensors then ?

Most everyone will tell you Yes. But I don't use them anymore. If they did not work in the concentration I was using them at, I can't see them working to any degree at the manufactures recommended concentration.

Back