free website stats program Holy smoke | Harley Davidson Forums

Holy smoke

kardar

I noticed a couple of times when I turn the Ign. switch on, there is a hissing sound and smoke comes out of the air intake/filter area. First time I was scared and swtched the bike off and checked the wiring etc. thinking I blew the electricals but then when i turned the witch on again nothing happend and bike started fine.

Since then I have had the bike for and oil & rear tire change. It has happned a few times (maybe 4 at the most).
But this morning when I tried to start the bike It didn't start on the first crank. I waited few seconds, switched it off, switched on again, waited for the lights etc. and then started it...and smoke came out of the air filter side of the bike.

The bike is a 2002 Heritage FLSTCI, with V&H long shorts, K&N air filter, Power commander V, 32,000kms and has been dynoed.

Any idea what is going on......
Thanks in advance.

Kardar

Sounds like you may have an injector hanging open a bit. Try some gum out injector cleaner in the gas. Mix acording to the directions on the bottle.

After doing as Glider suggested above for a few tank fulls, try adding 2oz. of Marvel's Mystery Oil/5gal. of gas every fill up.

TQ

Thanks Glider, I did use some seafoam awhile ago. maybe I should try something else.
Any suggestions as to what brand Injector cleaner should I use?

Marvels Mystery oil????
And I thought it was only used for firearms........every day I learn something new.
Thanks

Marvels Mystery oil????
And I thought it was only used for firearms........every day I learn something new.
Thanks

Trust me when I say you don't want to use marvel mystery oil in a bike with o2 sensors, ask me how I know :small3d015:

Back