free website stats program Holes in Windshield for Buffeting? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Holes in Windshield for Buffeting?

I wasn't that precise.

The Tall Boy seat apparently lifts me higher than the stock seat. I look over the top of the stock windshield by about 3".

I figure my eyes being about an inch over the new windshield should be just about right.

my buffeting on my '09 t/g comes from the fairing vents being open to allow
more air to the engine . my foot pegs face inward, so if i put my feet on the pegs and keep them hugging the gas tank the buffiting almost goes away.
gotta have the vents open as oil temp is 240 * at 69* on freeway use.
roll-on and throttle-up.

I too installed brackets to lean my HD QR windshield back. I also installed a small "toolbag" between the windshield and handlebars. This has eliminated about 90% of the buffeting on my bike. The angle is very close to matching the front rake of my bike. I live in west Texas, a very windy area in the spring, so I needed to lessen the buffeting to make riding more comfortable. I can now ride without head shake at speeds above 85mph (keeping up with traffic) with no issues.
Remember, Ride Safe...

So as a dedicated team of Harley enthusiasts we are gradually diminishing the dreaded double vision effect, why have HD not joined in on these forums and offered there piece, do they really care as long as we keep spending our hard earned cash on there ad on bits to solve a problem that should have been sorted by HD eons ago?

Happy and Safe Riding.

Derek
as a HD owner i contacted HD via e.mail re this very issue, no reply which seems normal ,as others do not get a reply either, i tried again and my e.mail address had been blocked by HD, so they are not realy interested, shame realy as many thousands of people love the HD.

. . . .. .. why have HD not joined in on these forums and offered there piece, do they really care as long as we keep spending our hard earned cash on there ad on bits to solve a problem that should have been sorted by HD eons ago?
. . . . . . ..
as a HD owner i contacted HD via e.mail re this very issue, no reply which seems normal ,as others do not get a reply either, i tried again and my e.mail address had been blocked by HD, so they are not realy interested,
.. . .. .. . .. .

Very True. They only seem to listen to their marketing folks and their lawyers. So far it has paid off for them. We shall see for the future, but then the future has other problems throughout the entire spectrum also.

Actually the windshield is (IMHO) the least of the disappointments I have with HD. If I had the money I would tomorrow buy a 1700cc Kawa Nomad touring bike for for $15,000 new instead of a $20K plus Ultra. I've looked at some local and they are nice.

My last bike was an '08 Kawasaki Nomad. I loved it. Very comfortable, once I got my tweaks done (including oversized lowers and an extended brake pedal).

I'm still tweaking my Road King. It's a different feel, for sure. Much more torque.

I made no mistake with either one.

My last bike was an '08 Kawasaki Nomad. I loved it. Very comfortable, once I got my tweaks done (including oversized lowers and an extended brake pedal).

I'm still tweaking my Road King. It's a different feel, for sure. Much more torque.

I made no mistake with either one.

Oh yea, if I had the money (or didn't need it for other things) I'd buy the RK or Ultra, it's a great bike. But the Nomad (to me) is much better bang for the buck. My stepson has one is what go me to liken them especially when I saw the prices.

As far as HD, it's more the issues with the Compenstor sprocket, motor mounts, cam chain pads gettun in the relief valve, runout too sloppy for gear drive (in most cases), bearing issues and just plain too expensive prices for the product in most cases. Course back when everybody had a job that was less of an issue. And the little insulting things like how much they charge for the parts and repair manuals when some other brands post them free on the their website.

I love Harleys, the style, the sound and plan to keep my current one forever and pass it on to my kids. Just ain't that impressed with the deal I get comparitevly with other bikes. I'm a practical minded feller. Loyality in my book has to be earned, I don't just become loyal out a of attraction.

Back