free website stats program HOG gone nuts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HOG gone nuts

I am a member of our local hog chapter what I like is the money we raise for worthy causes such as MDA and ALS and the toy runs we have at Christmas time it.s all about the kids here..plus the service manager, salesmen and several mechanics are members and they always treat us members extra nice when I bought my new King and the extras they did the dyno for free saved me 360 bucks and on my old bike got the head bearing adjusted for free 2 times

Also a HOG member, so far it's been $45 a year, I'll have to keep a watch on the price. An upside of membership is I get a $7 per month discount off my wireless bill from ATT, so saving in the long run.

When I went to the Harley factory tour, my daughter went to buy a little pin in the gift shop. The lady refused to sell it to her because she (an 11 year old kid) wasn't a HOG member, and was pretty rude about it. That did it for me. I'm never joining a club so exclusive that they hurt a kids feelings and won't let 'em buy their lousy $5 pin... It's little stupid things like that that give HD a bap rep.

When I went to the Harley factory tour, my daughter went to buy a little pin in the gift shop. The lady refused to sell it to her because she (an 11 year old kid) wasn't a HOG member, and was pretty rude about it. That did it for me. I'm never joining a club so exclusive that they hurt a kids feelings and won't let 'em buy their lousy $5 pin... It's little stupid things like that that give HD a bap rep.

At York the time I stopped with the boys I was unable to do the tour of the factory because they were under 12 do to liability. Maybe the same policy goes for the gift shop..:nosad

The usual case is that it only takes one person's attitude of indifference,to blow an entire companys reputation.Happens all the time.Whether a snotty salesperson is at a gift shop or Sears,or anywhere. Few people will tolerate that.I don't think HD has a bad rep.But if it were my 5 yr. old trying to get a pin,I would share atm33's opinion.

I did not know HD had a bad rep

Unfortunately, outside of guys like you and me that love Harleys, it does. There are 2 big misconceptions the rest of the world has about HD: (1) Harleys aren't made well and "leak oil". Yes, people still cling to the issues of the long-gone past (I swear I just had a guy 2 months ago asking if my RK leaked oil "like the rest of the Harleys"...grrrr....) , and (2) Harley riders are elitists who believe that all other bikes suck except Harleys. This one still holds true for many Harley riders-- probably even many on this very board. Pride in your ride is one thing, being a snob about it is quite another. So, I think we as Harley guys (and gals) still have work to do to show other riders that HD's are great bikes, and we aren't (EDIT) about guys who ride other than HD. Hope I didn't open a bucket of worms with my opinion.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to stay current with my HOg membership for the insurance break it gave me (break was moe than the HOG fee) havent renewed it in two years.

Unfortunately, outside of guys like you and me that love Harleys, it does. There are 2 big misconceptions the rest of the world has about HD: (1) Harleys aren't made well and "leak oil". Yes, people still cling to the issues of the long-gone past (I swear I just had a guy 2 months ago asking if my RK leaked oil "like the rest of the Harleys"...grrrr....) , and (2) Harley riders are elitists who believe that all other bikes suck except Harleys. This one still holds true for many Harley riders-- probably even many on this very board. Pride in your ride is one thing, being a snob about it is quite another. So, I think we as Harley guys (and gals) still have work to do to show other riders that HD's are great bikes, and we aren't (EDIT) about guys who ride other than HD. Hope I didn't open a bucket of worms with my opinion.

atm33 your statement in bold does hold a lot of truth.... I have experienced this snob at a Harley dealer with friend pulling in on his Nomad and me on my EG....:nosad

Back