free website stats program HOG gone nuts | Harley Davidson Forums

HOG gone nuts

jamesearl

so I get a membership to HOG,cause I got a new bike,it expires,and when I see what they want to extend.I couldn't believe it.I got my 1st HD in 2006,they wanted $100 for a lifetime membership back then.Now it's $120 for 3 years.Sheesh.

I became a life member in 1990,glad I did it was cheap then

so I get a membership to HOG,cause I got a new bike,it expires,and when I see what they want to extend.I couldn't believe it.I got my 1st HD in 2006,they wanted $100 for a lifetime membership back then.Now it's $120 for 3 years.Sheesh.

Kinda like ARP.:newsmile100:

:newsmile100: LOL they started sending me info when I was 45 ARP= Another Retired Politician :p

I joined AARP when I turned 49 to jag all my brother in-laws who were a bit older.
Any ways, the increase in membership is maybe a way that Harley is trying to make it a more elite club. Or make up for all those who do not have the funds to rejoin or have lost interest........
Or found out it is cheaper to have bike towed the once or twice that might be needed to be towed in the lifetime of ownership...

I'm probably in the minority here but I dont get it. I can find lots of cool people to ride with and I can stay as far away from my dealership as possible. I can get towing with my insurance. Maybe I'll somehow come to understand it someday but it hasn't come to me yet............JMHO, of course and have no issue with the zillions of HOG members.

I got a HOG membership with my bike for one year as part of the package when I purchased it new. I never felt the need to renew it when it came due.

I've never renewed it.I did go to a couple rallies.Which were more trailers of people selling leather,chains and pins than I'd ever seen before.I did see a cop riding show where these guys did some impressive riding on a course.But really I enjoyed the rides to and from more than the event's.

I'm probably in the minority here but I dont get it. I can find lots of cool people to ride with and I can stay as far away from my dealership as possible. I can get towing with my insurance. Maybe I'll somehow come to understand it someday but it hasn't come to me yet............JMHO, of course and have no issue with the zillions of HOG members.

When my membership ran out in 2009, HOG offered 2 years for the price of 1at the end of 2009. I agree it makes no sense to pay for something you can do for free, unless you can not be without the monthly magazine that's full of advertisements.:nosad

Back