free website stats program highway foot pegs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

highway foot pegs

I do use the HD Willie G standard folding HD mounts on my Lindby bars because they looked good folded or highway ready, but you can easily get one of 5 FIVE! styles of extentions and pivots to make the angle and position adjustable. The HD Parts and Accessory manual is a reference manual a Harley rider should have in his "personalization" arsenal. Go to your dealer and pick one up, if nothing else to get ideas to get your creative juices flowing...AND it is FREE, but please be careful, it can put a serious unexplained dent in your wallet...:newsmile030:

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
Can you change the rubber parts on the flat rectangular classic HD pegs when they wear down? Can't tell from the packaging and the sales guy at the HD store I visited a few weeks ago didn't seem to know much and was afraid to open the package. I figured if he didn't know and couldn't open the package I was having a hard time opening my wallet. I'll check it out at the HD dealer in town.

A friend of mine works in a large chrome shop. I showed him the boss on the peg that bolts to the clamp strut on both brands. The Kury pegs I was looking at were very rough at the boss compared to the HD brand. He looked at them and said the HD parts are cleaned up and polished at the casting split before they're chromed and that's why they look better. Probably just a minor detail but the smooth ones will probably "Pledge" up better...

...Can you change the rubber parts on the flat rectangular classic HD pegs when they wear down? Can't tell from the packaging and the sales guy at the HD store I visited a few weeks ago didn't seem to know much and was afraid to open the package. I figured if he didn't know and couldn't open the package I was having a hard time opening my wallet...

Your a funny guy Larry, afraid?...don't be worried about the HD tax! It'll only hurt for a moment and new HD owners are a pretty resilient lot !!! :newsmile030:

Last edited:
Stay away from kuru I have had 2 broken mounts on 2 bikes and they come loose all the time even with red loctite
WAP.gif

Just bought the HD adjustable mounts (short) and HD pegs to match my shifter and brake pad. Spent a couple of hours trial fitting and adjusting and now have a couple of road hours on them. So far I'm very happy.

I find the Kuryakyn mounts more user friendly. I like the way they hinge open. It makes for easier adjustments in my opinion. The Harley pegs work just fine with Kury mounts. I have not found a problem with Kury chrome eirther.

My wife has Kury mounts and HD pegs

I have HD mounts and Kury pegs

Go figure...

Put the long mounts (part# 50829-07A) on my FLHX this weekend & not too pleased. First they're tough to get the correct angle w/lowers & during today's test drive they were in the way (hitting w/toes). Probably going to tear them off & trade for the shorter ones (50830-07A) b/c these long ones don't give my 34" inseam enough stretch for comfort. If you mount them forward they don't look right (antlers) so we'll see what I decide later this week...

Mounting them forward is about your only option isn't it? Otherwise your legs will never get full extension with a 34 inseam. Try it for a while before you yank them off. That's what they're designed to do. Good luck!
WAP.gif

Back