free website stats program highway foot pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

highway foot pegs

Billbo

Hello all and goodmorning. Once again I have a question for ya'll. I want to buy a set of highway pegs for my '01 Heritage. There are tons on the internet market and I am seeking the advice of my forum members here - preferred maker - preferred model - adjustability etc. I will put them on the existing engine guard. Any/all input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

I'm buying the HD brand brackets and pegs next month. Been looking at HD and Kuryakn and the QC on the Kyryakn chrome isn't there. HD chrome looks much better and not much price difference. My opinion but take a close look before buying.
WAP.gif

Agree w/larryjmiller - HD makes good pegs/mounts, but wish they weren't so $pendy. I bought the cheaper clamp-on style for now b/c I'm going to UG hwy bars to Lindby's someday soon. Good Luck!

I'm buying the HD brand brackets and pegs next month. Been looking at HD and Kuryakn and the QC on the Kyryakn chrome isn't there. HD chrome looks much better and not much price difference. My opinion but take a close look before buying.
WAP.gif
Thanks LarryM. I agree with MOST HD stuff being top of the line. I changed out my handlebar grips the day I bought the bike with HD grips. They have a plastic endcap that is loose and pops off!! Hope I dont lose it - will leave a big hole in the end of my grips.

Bill

Agree w/larryjmiller - HD makes good pegs/mounts, but wish they weren't so $pendy. I bought the cheaper clamp-on style for now b/c I'm going to UG hwy bars to Lindby's someday soon. Good Luck!

Thanks Iceman, see above. BUT I am going to the HD shop soon and check out their lineup. I bought this used Heritage and someone before me put on allllllllllllll HD stuff and tons of it. So really, I shouldnt go with another brand now - should I !!!:s!

THanks again
Bill

I have the harley adjustable highway peg mounting kit - angled (short angled) on my 05 heritage. I love them,you can adjust these many differrent ways. Part # 50830-07A Mine are set to where the ball of my foot is on the peg and my heel is on the running board. Everyone who is close to my size that has rode the bike loves the set up.

I think that's the set up I was looking at. Most of the guys say to get the adjustable ones. I like the idea of heel on the floorboards and toe on the peg, or whole foot on the peg. On long rides, it seems like you need to move your feet to keep the stiffness away.

LarryM is observant, and yes the HD accessories do seem to have a bit thicker chrome...but then..."proper" use of Pledge, WD-40 preservative and good water resistant lubrication in key pivoting areas (along w/use of stainless steel hardware) makes for very durable service life and happy rider and passenger. I use Küryakyn, Drag Specialties parts and accessories also...they work just fine and have styles that look and function very well...JMO.

I found myself in the same predicament about a month ago and decided for the HD highway pegs that can be adjusted front and back (2 positions) with only one screw showing.

part number: 49002-98

They are a godsend for longer trips.

Take care,

I bought the HD longhorn mounts this spring, they seem to be exactly the same as Kuryakyn. The prices were identical from J&P and the HD store. I believe that Kur has to be the manufacturer of a lot af HD brand parts, they claim that their chrome plating process is approved by HD. Any hoo, These are great mounts with teeth on the adjusters so it is easy to index them from side to side in the same positions and they look great.

I bought Iso pegs in Sturgis for the crash bar on my 92 FLHS, best pegs at that time for my money, I still have some extra rubbers somewhere in the garage:s

Back