free website stats program High idle problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

High idle problem

Are you saying you can re-boot the electronics and the problem will go away until next time. If so, a re-boot forces a re-park of the IAC stepper motor.

You say you replaced the IAC. I assume with a brand new OEM. If so, as a test I would disconnect the power commander and see if the problem goes away.
If IAC is new OEM, my money is on a problem with the power commander.
The power commander can block DTC's from posting.
Hi Mr. Hoople,

Still not fix my problem vacuum is good iac is good no leakeage as well. next idea?

Are you saying you can re-boot the electronics and the problem will go away until next time. If so, a re-boot forces a re-park of the IAC stepper motor.

You say you replaced the IAC. I assume with a brand new OEM. If so, as a test I would disconnect the power commander and see if the problem goes away.
If IAC is new OEM, my money is on a problem with the power commander.
The power commander can block DTC's from posting.
Mr. Hoople do you think TPS will be a problem also? as i didnt check that part yet till now.

You have a New IAC stepper,, no vacuum leaks,,, a cable pull fuel injection system,,,,with cruise control.

If your cable pull throttle, you should be able to get the idle back to normal using your wrist if the problem is a bind in the cable system. Both throttle cables are still hooked up and you can't force the idle lower using your wrist?

Do you know if the throttle body vane is returning back to the throttle stop position even using wrist force.
I would not be looking at the TPS at this point.

If the throttle return cable is working and adjusted properly, then I would disconnect the power commander and try riding the bike that way, just as a test. When installed, the power commander drives the IAC. The ECM no longer drives the IAC with the power commander installed.
Test bike without PC hooked up.

You have a New IAC stepper,, no vacuum leaks,,, a cable pull fuel injection system,,,,with cruise control.

If your cable pull throttle, you should be able to get the idle back to normal using your wrist if the problem is a bind in the cable system. Both throttle cables are still hooked up and you can't force the idle lower using your wrist?

Do you know if the throttle body vane is returning back to the throttle stop position even using wrist force.
I would not be looking at the TPS at this point.

If the throttle return cable is working and adjusted properly, then I would disconnect the power commander and try riding the bike that way, just as a test. When installed, the power commander drives the IAC. The ECM no longer drives the IAC with the power commander installed.
Test bike without PC hooked up.
Thank you Mr. Hoople i will do it today and i will update you....

Hi Mr. Hooper,

As of now 3 days my PRM is great didnt getting high again, What i did i clean the whole manifold including the Injector and less the POWER Commander Fuel control thats it. Thank you for all the ideas

That's good news. At least you narrowed down the cause/reason for your problem. Most likely there is an internal issue with the power commander so the next step is to decide what to do for fuel enrichment. Power Commander should have some program in place for repair or reconditioned exchange. I would not ride permanently without any sort of fuel enrichment.

Back