free website stats program Hid xenon light for flhx | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hid xenon light for flhx

Mine is a 8000k blue low beam & white high beam,

I don't understand how you can have Blue low beam and White High beam. Unless your Hi beam is Halogen, your HID should not turn off when you go to Hi beam. Hi beam on HID is a mechanical bulb shifter or shield remover.

I don't understand how you can have Blue low beam and White High beam. Unless your Hi beam is Halogen, your HID should not turn off when you go to Hi beam. Hi beam on HID is a mechanical bulb shifter or shield remover.

I think it is a halogen,the HID turns off when I hit hi beam

I would suggest you wire it so the HID stays on all the time. You don't want an HID bulb turning off then back on within a short period of time.

Maybe they are both on,on high beam, it is too bright to tell. I have friends that have the same set up, for over 2 years and no ill effects from the wiring. I will leave the set up, the way it is.

I asked the question not to be instigating anything but just to try to get some figures. Before I put the relay kit and 80/100 in the Fatboy, I had a xenon gas bulb in it, the ones you see on ebay and elsewhere. Due to my occupation I have access to a light meter, it measures both lumens and foot-candles. Prior to the change at 5' I was reading 200fc on high, forget what low was. It's now reading 600fc. I was in the garage, space and distance are limited.

Twicecam, I'm just curious at to what you're readings are with the kit you have installed. I live towards the country side and there are a lot of critters, big and small living here too. At night I'd like to be able to see them as best as possible.

Back